05-03-17 03:14 PM
41 12
tools
    DTEK60, BBA100-2, Android 6.0.1, Security Patch 5 Mar 17, Build AAJ934, Personal Email Account Office 365

Problem:
    New email notifications are not showing on my locked screen, the notification is not sounding, and the Pulse Notification Light does not flash when a new email arrives.

In Settings/BB Hub+ Account/Account Settings/Notification Settings I have: Email Notifications, Notification Sound, Heads-up Notification, Vibrate and Pulse Notification Light all set to ON.

But a new email comes in silently with no notification sound, nothing on the locked screen and no pulse notification light. However, the new message appears as unread in my Hub when I open my device manually.

All other accounts in my Hub (Text Messages, Messenger, WhatsApp, Facebook etc) all come in correctly with a notification - there is a notification sound, they appear on the locked screen, the pulse notification light flashes etc.

This problem started just a few days ago, till then all has worked perfectly since acquiring my device last December.

What have I inadvertently switched off, where else should I check to correct a setting?

Thanks.
    04-26-17 05:01 PM
    Hello try removing email account in question. Then do a 32 second reset of device (holding power button for at least 32 seconds) after reinstall email acct and select settings you had.
    Good luck.
    04-26-17 05:48 PM
    Hi Rico,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have tried removing my email account and then adding it again, but without the 32sec reset.
    Will the 32sec reset reset everything else on my device, will I lose all the apps that I have got installed?
    Thanks.
    04-26-17 06:17 PM
    Hello ,
    the 32 second is holding down Power button for at least that period of time. It simulates a battery pull. Will not erase any or affect other apps.
    Good luck
    04-26-17 06:20 PM
    I'm afraid it has not worked :-(
    04-26-17 06:38 PM
    Hello Ok another option is go to: settings from above, storage /USB, select internal storage, selects apps, scroll down find HUB and selecte, clear cache and clear data. Right after do again a 32 second time it and it can pass some seconds but not less. Once back up again since data got cleared you will have set up HUB again. But hopefully your notifications will come back. let's see how it goes. Good luck.
    04-26-17 06:56 PM
    Hi Rico:
    Thanks for continuing to help. Unfortunately your last suggestion has not worked either.
    Where do you live Rico? I live in England, it is nearly 1.00am & I need to get up for work in 5hrs :-(
    So I need to go to sleep. If you think of anything further please let me know & I will pick it up tomorrow.
    Thanks again Rico!
    04-26-17 07:32 PM
    Hello In Madrid so it's one hour more. Yes late. Let's give it more thought .
    We will try finding a fix.
    04-26-17 07:37 PM
    Demasiado tarde para ambos!
    04-26-17 07:38 PM
    Si! Tienes razon!
    04-26-17 07:41 PM
    Anyone got any different ideas here that could resolve my problem please?
    04-27-17 04:27 PM
    Hello so just to summarize:
    1-email notifications not working on all accounts? Or just a specific account?
    2-have you taken disable HUB and re installed?
    3-have done 32 second resets?
    4- have cleared cache and data for HUB and HUB suite?
    5- have turned off NOTIFICATION settings and then enabled?
    6-have you removed email in question and then re installed?

Just looking on a hit and miss..

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-28-17 03:53 PM
    Hi Rico4you,

1. I have only one e-mail account and the email notifications are not working. I added a second different email account to test, but again, no notifications. All other accounts (WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger etc) that I have in my Hub come in correctly with notifications. On both email accounts when a new email comes in there is a short flicker of the red Pulse Notification light, but only one. The Hub icon on the Home page does not have the red spark/star indicating that there is a new email, and only when I open my Hub can I see that there is a new email (correctly highlighted).
    2. I have disabled Hub, also BlackBerry Hub+ Services, I've cleared the cache and data from both before doing so.
    3. I then did a 32+ secs reset, several times.
    4. Cache and data have been cleared from Hub & Hub Suite.
    5. I have turned off Notification settings and then enabled again, several times.
    6. I have checked my settings against my wife's device, she has the exact same DTEK60 with the same OS, all settings seem to be exactly the same as mine, but her device is working fine. She receives email notifications.

This is very odd, and very annoying!

Thanks.
    04-29-17 07:02 AM
    Hello will attach 3 screenshots can you check and see if exactly all settings shown are Exactly same:
    Also make sure you DO NOT have enabled Do not Disturb.

04-29-17 12:41 PM
    Two of the screenshots are like yours, but the third: App Permissions/Hub/BlackBerry Hub+ was different on my device.
    Mine reads BlackBerry Hub+ Permissions and it was turned off. I turned that on, but it still remains different to yours in that mine says BlackBerry Hub+ Permissions. And I still get no notifications.

Do not disturb is off.

Why do I have BlackBerry Hub+ 'Permissions' when yours does not?

What is BB Launcher, should that be running and with what settings?

Thanks.
    04-29-17 01:33 PM
    Ok..
    What I sent you where the HUB screenshots. If you look at the second one I sent you which shows HUB permissions at the bottom it states Additional Permissions. if you select that it opens to the third screen shot I sent you. Which shows HUB fith permission called BlackBerry Hub+ which has to be enabled ON!

Now attached the last 4th screen shot which is BlackBerry HUB+ services and it's permissions.

Please check all enabled. After checking and since you had off a setting. Remove the email account. Clear cache and data for both apps HUB and HUB+Services. Do a 32 second reset.

Good luck.

04-29-17 01:49 PM
    Correct, except that when I click on App Permissions/Hub/Additional Permissions I get a screen with "BlackBerry Hub+ Permissions" and that is turned on. Note the extra word "Permissions", yours says only "BlackBerry Hub+", not "BlackBerry Hub+ Permissions".
    04-29-17 02:49 PM
    Can you attach screenshot you refer to?
    04-29-17 02:52 PM
    See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails New Email Notifications Not Working - DTEK60-41421.jpg  
    04-29-17 03:01 PM
    Here the other screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails New Email Notifications Not Working - DTEK60-41422.jpg  
    04-29-17 03:02 PM
    Hello yes besides the word Permissions it's identical. have you followed steps indicated ? As you did have a setting off.
    04-29-17 03:06 PM
    Yes I have followed all the steps indicated, several times.
    Don't understand:
    "As you did have a setting off"
    04-29-17 04:41 PM
    Because you stated the following :
    Mine reads BlackBerry Hub+ Permissions and it was turned off. I turned that on
    04-29-17 05:19 PM
    Thats why was saying after turning that ON to disable email account, reset , set up email and try again. Not sure why you had that setting OFF.
    04-29-17 05:21 PM
    Sorry, now understood.
    When I delete the data and clear the cache and do the 32sec reset, then add the email account and go into settings to see that they are all correct, I find that the BlackBerry Hub+ Permissions is set to OFF. Even though I put it to ON before testing with a new email, the new email comes with no notification.
    04-29-17 05:59 PM
41 12