Hello!

While I am not new to BlackBerry devices (they've been my favourite since I was small, and my love has only grown) I AM new to customizing the crap out of my lovely Passport. I recently updated from a Q10 as a college grad gift and realized there is so much more I can be doing with it than just internet browsing and chats.

I was looking at the Gameboy Emu thread and while I followed all the links, I couldn't figure out how to get anything downloaded...

So... I guess, basically, any links you can toss my way to help me get started on learning my way around side-loading and installing things on my PP without the use of 2-click systems like BlackBerry World would be AMAZING.

I'm used to futzing around with my PC so I am not entirely hopeless... Just need a good starting point!

Also could anyone fill me in on what the heck is going on with Snapchat? I was finally hoping to get it, but apparently third parties are nerfed now?

That's it for now, I believe. It's good to finally dip my toes into the community! I'm tired of meeting people being disgusted when they realize I have a BlackBerry!

(story time: I even had a guy at a Fido stand look at me like I was mentally challenged after I asked to see a Passport and refused to look at an iPhone. 'good luck finding somewhere that sells those' he told me scathingly as I left him to his Apple nerdgasm. Literally one corner over was another kiosk with a Passport. Picked it up and it was love at first sight!)

Sorry for the TL;DR!

Lovely to meet you.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho and Deitzanova like this.
    06-04-15 08:41 AM
    welcome to CrackBerry. There are lots of tutorials around the site. Check out several in my signature for sideloading and such.
    06-04-15 08:52 AM
    Welcome to Black & CrackBerry!

For the sideloading: check this thread by an awesome fellow CrackBerrian Jaydee!

As for snapchat, it's very unfortunate, but there is no safe way of accessing it on BlackBerry 10 right now without getting the warning and your password reset. There is this third party app called Casper that worked, but some of those users also started getting the email from Snapchat yesterday. The dev is working on it, so I recommend following his progress and seeing what comes out of it. This thread here.

Edit: speaking of her, there she is!
    06-04-15 08:54 AM
    Thanks! I'm actually working at getting Google Play installed but the com.android.vending apk is giving me a hard time, ugh! I will manage it though.

Thanks so much for the links and info!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:01 AM
    Got Google Store to work! Aw yeah!

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark and eldricho like this.
    06-04-15 09:12 AM
    Regarding the Game Boy emulator - check this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11155288
    It's native, supports various systems and all in all works pretty well. You will have to sideload it though.

And this of course http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-vba-m-779743/
    Pcmx likes this.
    06-04-15 09:20 AM
    Welcome, flareblitzes! Glad you are loving your Passport. It's a very nice device, productive, and great to play games on. Follow that sideloading tutorial from Jaydee and the links tollfeeder listed and hopefully you'll also be having some retro-game fun! Thanks @tollfeeder for the link to the gba emu. Will try that on q5 too

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 11:13 AM