I just read an article today, Wednesday 2/14/18, about the emergence of crypto-currency malware hitting computers and large numbers of Android phones, utilizing the computers and phones to help with their digital currency mining efforts, re-directing and gobbling up capacity and slowing down the computers and phones in the process. It is apparently becoming an increasing big problem, and this new crypto-currency/blockchain/mining industry is large and growing rapidly.

Given that Blackberry's newest phones like the KeyOne and Motion use Android, I am wondering if there is something about the Blackberry security that will help deter or even avoid this malware infecting the Blackberry phones?

It's new, but any info/insight into this? Thanks.
    02-14-18 11:11 AM
    i believe this type of thing would be possible on any android, BB included. It mostly depends on user interaction to work which is the weak point and something that BB cant always stop.
    02-14-18 11:22 AM
    What BB does to the OS is more concerned with tampering the OS itself (root, corruption, etc) than unwanted processes, so probably not.
    02-14-18 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the input so far. It does occur to me that maybe with the BB Android phones we can easily check if there is a big drain on power, and if so, go looking for the source of that drain to shut it down. Does anyone know if this is possible? Further input on any of this is welcome.
    02-14-18 01:08 PM
    Most of what I've read, it's the Browser that would be the tool that is being used....

Sad thing is BBMo own website was hacked by one of these "miners".
    02-14-18 01:17 PM