Hello,

I just received my new Blackberry Z10 and updated it to 10.2.1 and have battery issues
    I Powered it on for the first time the battery life was about 45%. As I'm new to BB10 i played around with it for 20 minutes connected WiFi and I need Micro Sim so it had no Sim. So I Got the noticed to update the software to 10.2.1 an upgraded it put the phone once had mid way just to be safe and continued to install the update and took it off charge.
    Now I've only added an email account, sign up for BBM,BBAW downloaded couple of apps (Game,pedometer,Snap Sound cloud). Only WiFis on and the hardly anything running CPU/battery wise 14-15% current with one app being used.
    The battery drain has been quite fast. I have the device on for about 4-5 Hours last night Playing around with it and I went to bed with 17% battery(Down from about 50%). If drain to 10% I imagined within 3-4 hours in Bedside mode because I saw the yellow light flashing mid sleep. Then I woke again earlier hours saw it was dead.
    I fully charged it to 100% this morning for first time and that took 1 hour 30 mins kept same things on and the battery after about 20minutes of "Use" with the screen on it's now down to 78% from 100% within 3 hours 30 minutes. I tried restarting, hard reset, disabling all but 1 app and even during a power down restart the battery drain 3-4% after I did that what was a surprise.
    Also the phone has a very, very faint crackling at times ONLY when the phone is on lock or screen is off it isn't existent all times or when phone screen is being on/used.(Mobile/WiFi have been test off and it still occurs)

Any suggestions
    Thanks?
    07-18-14 08:05 AM
    Hello,

I just received my new Blackberry Z10 and updated it to 10.2.1 and have battery issues
    I Powered it on for the first time the battery life was about 45%. As I'm new to BB10 i played around with it for 20 minutes connected WiFi and I need Micro Sim so it had no Sim. So I Got the noticed to update the software to 10.2.1 an upgraded it put the phone once had mid way just to be safe and continued to install the update and took it off charge.
    Now I've only added an email account, sign up for BBM,BBAW downloaded couple of apps (Game,pedometer,Snap Sound cloud). Only WiFis on and the hardly anything running CPU/battery wise 14-15% current with one app being used.
    The battery drain has been quite fast. I have the device on for about 4-5 Hours last night Playing around with it and I went to bed with 17% battery(Down from about 50%). If drain to 10% I imagined within 3-4 hours in Bedside mode because I saw the yellow light flashing mid sleep. Then I woke again earlier hours saw it was dead.
    I fully charged it to 100% this morning for first time and that took 1 hour 30 mins kept same things on and the battery after about 20minutes of "Use" with the screen on it's now down to 78% from 100% within 3 hours 30 minutes. I tried restarting, hard reset, disabling all but 1 app and even during a power down restart the battery drain 3-4% after I did that what was a surprise.
    Also the phone has a very, very faint crackling at times ONLY when the phone is on lock or screen is off it isn't existent all times or when phone screen is being on/used.(Mobile/WiFi have been test off and it still occurs)

Any suggestions
    Thanks?
    My suggestion would be to exchange it. (at the least replace the battery)

Crackling noise from the speakers shouldn't be happening.... crackling noise from the battery or other parts of the device could be dangerous if that is where the noise comes from.
    07-18-14 08:10 AM
    The crackling sound is an internal sound it's very, very faint and ONLY happens when screen is locked as far as gather. But yes not speakers.
    07-18-14 09:04 AM
    Is it crackling or just creaking from you picking it up? There is a huge difference between plastic creak and an electrical spark.

As far as battery life. Give it 2-3 days. The phone is indexing a lot of stuff in the background. Battery life is low for 2 to 3 days after an OS upgrade.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    07-18-14 11:13 AM
    The crackling happens on my Z10 when the battery runs out and the device is switches itself off.

As for the battery drain, this could also be caused by the fact that you updated the OS and it is reindexing everything. Should stop in a day or two.
    07-18-14 11:24 AM
    yes it's an electrical spark sound. It's very similar to those Radiation meters, Geiger counters. It's very faint. Not always there and never there when screen is active.
    I've doubled my Battery life I took the battery out to just listen to it without it and with it in with the back case off and still heard the sound, BUT the replacing the battery with also a Reset + Hard Reset earlier seems to of doubled my battery life straight away. I can easily get a day of medium use and have 30% left :P.

I love the phone, LOVE it maybe it needs a new battery or for the current to "Adjust". The fact the sound is there only at certain times seems encouraging in a sense.
    Last edited by Lgemza; 07-19-14 at 07:27 AM.
    07-19-14 04:05 AM
    As in this case, how would you recommend charging a new phone?

A) Open the box and use until existing battery discharge and then 100% charge?
    Or

B) 100% charge first and then your first use?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-19-14 11:33 AM
    As in this case, how would you recommend charging a new phone?

A) Open the box and use until existing battery discharge and then 100% charge?
    Or

B) 100% charge first and then your first use?

I just got my z10 a few days ago and fully charged it before use, although it did automatically turn on when the battery was inserted.
    Generally speaking, lithium ion batteries don't like to be fully discharged, don't like to be kept fully charged (by keeping the device plugged in) for weeks, and don't like heat. Other than that, they just age over time.
    I would suggest charging at 20% but don't be afraid to top up even at 80%.

Posted via CB10
    Ajit Katte likes this.
    07-19-14 12:18 PM
    Thank you
    So I would open the box and charge it upto 80% only..? And then start using it..??
    Coz I am little more curious as to this battery charging index for optimum battery performance..sorry if I have asked the same question again and again..but I need a clear pic on this ..thanks )

It's my first BB ( z3) and I would love to take utmost care on it Please help

07-19-14 09:15 PM
    So I would open the box and charge it upto 80% only..? And then start using it..??

It's my first BB ( z3) and I would love to take utmost care on it Please help
    You can charge it fully immediately. I just meant don't be afraid to top up if it's convenient.
    Best not to obsess too much over the battery though. The value of the phone is in its use, so use it!

Posted via CB10
    Ajit Katte likes this.
    07-20-14 02:45 AM
    Thank you ...
    07-20-14 04:33 AM