https://www.cnet.com/news/tcl-is-wor...CAD-00-10aag7d

So TCL is working on 5 types of foldable screen concepts..

I found this paragraph very interesting.
    'The smartphones, meanwhile, also have two variants that fold on the inside and outside, but they bend at the horizontal line, like a traditional flip phone'

Do you know if TCL will ever use that technology in BlackBerry to make a Pearl Flip like phone or is it only limited to Alcatel brand?

(Also.. If you or CBK could maybe give the people in TCL whom you know this idea. Who knows maybe they might consider it if they haven't already?)
    02-24-19 02:11 PM
    That article is older, TCL officially announced all of that today.. still a ways to go - https://www.androidcentral.com/tcl-f...ture-foldables They def. could do a Pearl-like device though, assuming BlackBerry would license them that particular brand name. I don't see it happening....but it could.

New BlackBerry Pearl flip using a foldable screen?-tcl-dragonhinge-phone-profile-redshirt.jpg
    New BlackBerry Pearl flip using a foldable screen?-tcl-dragonhinge-topdown-reader-obtuse-angle.jpg
    02-24-19 08:31 PM
    Because you can do a thing... doesn't mean you should do a thing.

I think most the appeal of a Pearl Flip would be the PKB... which doesn't require a awkward bendable screen. If you are going to make and all touch phone, is that bend really making the phone more compact or usable? Now a bend in the other direction and one without the large radius shown above... makes sense.
    02-25-19 01:23 PM
    That article is older, TCL officially announced all of that today.. still a ways to go - https://www.androidcentral.com/tcl-f...ture-foldables They def. could do a Pearl-like device though, assuming BlackBerry would license them that particular brand name. I don't see it happening....but it could.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tcl-dragonhinge-phone-profile-redshirt.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	443156

Name:	tcl-dragonhinge-topdown-reader-obtuse-angle.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	443157
    It would be so cool if they really do make it!
    03-01-19 12:35 PM
    Because you can do a thing... doesn't mean you should do a thing.

I think most the appeal of a Pearl Flip would be the PKB... which doesn't require a awkward bendable screen. If you are going to make and all touch phone, is that bend really making the phone more compact or usable? Now a bend in the other direction and one without the large radius shown above... makes sense.
    True. But. Gimmick sells! And that's what BlackBerry needs right now. Increase in sale!
    03-01-19 12:35 PM
    True. But. Gimmick sells! And that's what BlackBerry needs right now. Increase in sale!
    The best thing that can happen for Blackberry Mobile, is if TCL finally gets decent traction with both the TCL and the Alcatel mobile brands.

They are getting so strong with the TCL brand in TVs, that I'm hoping it will carry over to devices.
    03-01-19 12:38 PM
    Don't forget those on the Bender are all made of plastic touch screens....not ideal like glass. Also they're all scratch'n sniff......sniff...sniff....they scratch. A two panel glass with solid hinges and tight fitting would be better. I could even see a fold in and snap in capacity touch keyboard on one.
    03-02-19 04:08 AM
    03-07-19 05:10 PM
    I just really hope that the durability of the product won't be at risk since smartphones ain't cheap. I honestly feel like foldable smartphone won't be so trendy.
    03-07-19 08:24 PM

Not going to happen. John chen said that foldable phone aren't innovative. He will not take a risk to create uninovative bb phone.
    03-09-19 11:07 AM
    Not going to happen. John chen said that foldable phone aren't innovative. He will not take a risk to create uninovative bb phone.
    Lucky for us John Chen has little if any bearing on phones.
    03-09-19 11:25 AM
    There is no risk for him. He doesn't do hardware.
    03-09-19 11:27 AM
    John Chen doesn't take risk with any type phones since 2016 or so.
    Praganad likes this.
    03-09-19 12:21 PM
    I want this:New BlackBerry Pearl flip using a foldable screen?-screenshot_20190309-095703.jpeg
    john_v likes this.
    03-09-19 12:57 PM
    I want this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-095703.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	443317
    Lugging the bathroom mirror around all the time might be a little cumbersome and quite possibly be voted champion as the greatest vanity phone ever.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-11-19 10:19 PM
    But it's a virtual mirror in zero G. Weight: 0 grams
    03-12-19 07:30 PM
    What browser do you have?
    03-15-19 03:51 AM
    There is no risk for him. He doesn't do hardware.
    Is TCl even going to continue with hardware (BlackBerry)? I've read the same rumor from 2 different sources over the last 2 months that they're trying to get out of the licencing agreement with BlackBerry. Any thoughts on that?
    03-15-19 08:26 AM
    Is TCl even going to continue with hardware (BlackBerry)? I've read the same rumor from 2 different sources over the last 2 months that they're trying to get out of the licencing agreement with BlackBerry. Any thoughts on that?
    Rumours have no basis especially if there's nothing solid to confirm anything.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    04-28-19 11:01 PM
    Rumours have no basis especially if there's nothing solid to confirm anything.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    There is also nothing solid to confirm TCL is continuing on with BlackBerry devices either.
    04-28-19 11:05 PM
    There is also nothing solid to confirm TCL is continuing on with BlackBerry devices either.
    They are actively entering new markets.. If that's not enough evidence.. I don't know what is.
    05-27-19 02:06 AM

https://www.yugatech.com/events-inte...JduIV7zhOKj.97

Hey bla1ze! Check out this article! Looks like they are serious about foldable tech! ������
    herbersh likes this.
    05-27-19 02:08 AM
    They are actively entering new markets.. If that's not enough evidence.. I don't know what is.
    Which ones?
    05-27-19 08:25 AM

Hey bla1ze! Check out this article! Looks like they are serious about foldable tech! 😅
    Very cool and exciting story.

Hope some of what he speaks comes to fruition.
    05-27-19 08:53 AM

Hey bla1ze! Check out this article! Looks like they are serious about foldable tech!
    Given two of the biggest players in foldables (Samsung and Huawei) are having severe issues, we'll see.
    05-27-19 11:39 AM
41 12