I'm just looking for a bb that I can activate on a prepaid plan just to play with and I'm not sure what to look for. From what I have read so far, I should avoid Verizon phones for the most part. I know it needs to be unlocked. What I don't know is which phones give me the best network options. I have a 9630 tour on mint mobile, but their coverage is horrible in my area, and not really the best phone option to play with. Open to suggestions and advice!
    08-05-19 05:33 PM
    I'm just looking for a bb that I can activate on a prepaid plan just to play with and I'm not sure what to look for. From what I have read so far, I should avoid Verizon phones for the most part. I know it needs to be unlocked. What I don't know is which phones give me the best network options. I have a 9630 tour on mint mobile, but their coverage is horrible in my area, and not really the best phone option to play with. Open to suggestions and advice!
    Hey George,

May I ask why you think you should avoid Verizon? Also, are you necessarily sold on a BBOS device or are you open to BB10 as well?
    givechanceachance likes this.
    08-05-19 06:26 PM
    Well, maybe I shouldn't avoid a Verizon phone then? From what I was reading it seemed like AT&T would be a better option. I'm open to anything, though cheaper the better. This is more a curiosity thing over necessity.
    08-05-19 07:41 PM
    Don't get a BBOS device.

I would get ar least a Classic or Passport.

Skip the rest.
    Laura Knotek and dubengeldu like this.
    08-05-19 07:47 PM
    Original carrier matter? I thought from what I was reading to avoid Verizon and stick more with AT&T? I'm open to any suggestions. This is more to satisfy curiosity more than anything.
    08-05-19 08:52 PM
    Original carrier matter? I thought from what I was reading to avoid Verizon and stick more with AT&T? I'm open to any suggestions. This is more to satisfy curiosity more than anything.
    Well, part of that relates to the device you're getting. Are you sold on a BBOS device or are you open to a BB10 device as well?
    08-06-19 04:25 PM
    Don’t waste time with BBOS hardware as it’s reliance on 3G and the BIS data plan makes it more of waste of time, money and energy.

Even BB10 can be argued by many here but it at least offers LTE capabilities and functions on regular carrier data as long as using carrier locked or branded hardware on said carrier, or correct factory unlocked hardware for your region.

I personally don’t use BB10 for everyday carry anymore but many here do. Member @TrumpetTiger is one that can help you along that path.

Good luck and hope to see around here more.
    08-06-19 04:57 PM
    Avoid Verizon phones if you are not planning to keep the phone on a Verizon plan. At this time, they might not even be activating older Verizon BlackBerrys any longer, as they are closing down their CDMA service.

Find out what carrier is the best for your location. You should choose a phone which works on that network. Mint is an MVNO based on T-Mobile, and has specific bands needed to work well on their network. If you are going to ATT or one of their MVNOs, then an unlocked 9900 would probably be the right choice, but again, you should ask at a carrier store if they still activate the older BlackBerrys.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...d%3D1907933686
    08-06-19 05:49 PM
    Thank you all for your responses. You gave me a good starting point.
    08-09-19 05:34 PM
    Q10 claSsic passport

Q10 is like a classic but replaceable battery oledscreen duller but more handy and last real blackberry

Q20 classic reallygood sounds better brighter bigger screen fixedbattery but a supercharged q10

Passport no productivity keys oddfactor but atickbetter hardware so think some, liked by some businesspeople

Think for justforfun tryout text machinery batterylife q10 q20soundsbetter

Posted via CB10
    08-12-19 03:51 PM
    Q10 claSsic passport

Q10 is like a classic but replaceable battery oledscreen duller but more handy and last real blackberry

Q20 classic reallygood sounds better brighter bigger screen fixedbattery but a supercharged q10

Passport no productivity keys oddfactor but atickbetter hardware so think some, liked by some businesspeople

Think for justforfun tryout text machinery batterylife q10 q20soundsbetter

Posted via CB10
    Seriously. Can you please re-read your posts before sending and correct the spaces? What's up with that anyway?
    Smokeaire, RCJ28 and the_boon like this.
    08-12-19 03:58 PM
    Well you had a 9630 so for curiosity sake you should understand BBOS pretty well.

I'd go with the Classic or Passport if your wanting to know what BB10 was about... sadly though it's best days are behind it, so you won't really get the experience that we once had. But it's better today than it will be once BBW goes down, so don't delay.
    08-13-19 09:24 AM
    Seriously. Can you please re-read your posts before sending and correct the spaces? What's up with that anyway?
    Either he has a KEY2 with an intermittently failing spacebar, or it's just his way of communicating lol
    08-14-19 01:38 PM
    Latter.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-19 02:20 PM
    Latter.

Posted via CB10
    Either way, it's forum rules, and general etiquette to try and make your posts as legible and coherent as possible.

Space bars and normal carriage returns at the END of FULL sentences and paragraphs are much appreciated!
    08-14-19 02:42 PM
    Either way, it's forum rules, and general etiquette to try and make your posts as legible and coherent as possible.

Space bars and normal carriage returns at the END of FULL sentences and paragraphs are much appreciated!
    Sadly, I've seen much worse around here.

Posted via CB10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    08-14-19 05:41 PM