Hello dear Blackberry Community,

This is my first post followed by my recent Passport acquisition. I've been hallucinated by Apple since iPhone 3GS til iPhone 6 and always tried to resist by changing to Samsung Note, Sony Xperia and so on. I always came back to iOS.

I recently was tempted at Virgin Megastore by the Blackberry stand and was mind controlled by the Passport!

So I jumped in directly, eliminated the need for iCloud, and replaced completely Apple from my life. I am free

My only issue with the new OS is with replacing the multi platform Evernote app. The Evernote BlackBerry 10 app does not support reminders, so I tried to migrate to the Remember app. As a newbie, I am not yet sure how I could replace Evernote, because I don't know a way to replicate the Remember app content to a let's say Windows 8 desktop app, or iPad environment. I have notes, journals, jpegs, pdfs, docs, xls, and also tasks in Evernote.

Anybody with some advice on how to organize better with multi platform synchronization?

Thank you

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:05 AM
    Evernote for Android works w/ reminder notification in Hub, but it just gives a one-time BlackBerry notification tone and that's it.

 Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1154 
    01-09-15 08:54 AM
    Thank for the fast reply,

So u mean I should use Snap Evernote on my Passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 09:42 AM
    Thank for the fast reply,

So u mean I should use Snap Evernote on my Passport?

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome!

Snap is a Google Playstore app that needs to be sideloaded through a Google Chrome extension. It gives you access to the Android apps and can be updated. You can download previously purchased apps, however cannot purchase apps currently.

On the other hand, a developer Cobalt here at BlackBerry developed a method for the PlayStore to directly run on the BlackBerry device. The pros of this method purchase and refunds of apps and update notifications are received in the Hub.

This feature may later come to Snap version 3 (but currently we don't know). I'll post the links for all of it in the next stop.

Once you decide on either of the methods after reading the threads - you can install the proper Android Evernote app!

01-09-15 09:51 AM
    I sideloaded Snap and installed a couple of apps, for instance 'in-app purchase' apps, which obviously didn't work and then I thought I'll wait for a professional solution and wiped the phone to be 'clean'. I also felt android apps a little staggering...

I'll sideload it again and will let you know.

Btw, did u send/type that fast on ur phone or on laptop/desktop machine?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 09:59 AM
    I sideloaded Snap and installed a couple of apps, for instance 'in-app purchase' apps, which obviously didn't work and then I thought I'll wait for a professional solution and wiped the phone to be 'clean'. I also felt android apps a little staggering...

I'll sideload it again and will let you know.
    You could check for an alternate method as well:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

Btw, did u send/type that fast on ur phone or on laptop/desktop machine?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Q5 with a worn out keyboard

AnimalPak200 likes this.
    01-09-15 10:04 AM
    I did it!

I followed monsieur Cobalt's procedures. (I'd shake his hand for this achievement), and yours of course for the guidance

You said something about notifications in the hub with evernote reminders. I'd set a reminder for tomorrow for example, but it doesn't synchronize with the hub/calendar, which is my actual issue.

Evernote said at first start-up that it could not communicate with play store. Does that have to do with the patching of apk files/evernote android app?

Thanks again for the advice!

Convinced and converted Passport newbie
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-09-15 10:52 AM
    Glad to help, I have received a lot of guidance for my questions through the threads, hence paying it forward ^-^

The pop-up would be fixed through a Google Framework v3 patch in the middle of the thread:

https://mega.co.nz/#!044HlYZL!Lei664...Tsou3KjmJAi6_8

That get rids of the msg.

The Hub notification appears like a bell in the Hub. I just checked calendar integration and it works but I think after a while.

What I did was create a dummy reminder but it didn't show up in the calendar. I created an event in the calendar to see if it reverse-syncs and it said it is clashing with an event. But I'll see it through or you could check it beforehand as well so there's no missed reminders (to rule out any differences due to OS).
    01-09-15 11:14 AM
    I'm on fire now

In the middle of commuting, looking for other Google framework v3 because mega site is down

I get back as soon as I arrive at accomodation

01-09-15 11:43 AM
    Downloaded via mega app, processing

01-09-15 11:59 AM
    Umaima,

I checked out one of your other posts and I've seen the 'Google Settings' app on ur desktop which I didn't find yet on Cobalt's page. I will continue searching.

I tested Google Maps, including Street View, works!

Installed everything u posted with ur desktop, excluding 'Lucky..' and 'Google settings'. Google Framework sometimes quits unexpectedly. When I am accessing it, I cannot but scroll the menu down, so I am always quitting it.

Still didn't solve the reminder issue with Android Evernote :/

Thanks very much for your support

01-09-15 02:38 PM
    One more thing, is this normal? :

New to bb10, in search for advice for migration-img_20150109_214108.png

01-09-15 02:41 PM
    Ok I did it.

I finally got Evernote Hub notifications working. Thanks very much for the tweaks.

I just need to solve the Google errors now, which is a new matter. Happy New Year

01-10-15 07:49 AM