I have spent the last four and a half hours running different software's to try and solve this problem.

So, here is the problem: my Z30 had a 32 GB SanDisk memory card in it. However, last time it connected to my computer, it all of a sudden told me it had no files on it at all. I did not run a re-format, and I didn't delete the files.

Now, when I put the card in my card reader, and then into my laptop it says its has 15 GB of stuff of it (which is what it should be), but when I open any of the content folders, they are empty.

I have run two data recovery softwares (Recurva and Pandora), which all sorts of things I DID delete, but have failed to find anything else, since, I didn't delete anything.

I have run Malwarebytes and Nod32 to try and scan for viruses. No such luck.

There are three files on this Sd card that I NEED to access. The GBs of pictures, whatever, I can lose those. But I need these three word documents.

It appears that they are ON the SD card, as it reads as having buckets of stuff on the memory, but I can't get into them!

Please please, CB community, come to my rescue. Because, I'm effed if this stuff can't be found.
    06-16-14 05:52 AM
    You may try Remo Recover.

Recover files after memory card says folder is empty

Memory cards can let you down without a warning. Your card might be full of files and folders, but one fine day your folder may show nothing. Won`t a sudden development like this shock you out of your wits? Thoughts about the important documents, favorite songs, special videos and heartwarming photo files contained in the card will keep tormenting you. Will you be able to recover all of them safely? The answer is yes; you can restore all your lost files only by using Remo Recover Software. When it comes to memory card recovery Remo has the best option.
    Source: Recover memory card saying folder empty

I must say I didn't use it, but seems to have good reviews.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    06-16-14 06:11 AM
    Unfortunately SD cards can fail or become corrupt, especially when connected via USB. Did you use Link to sync media? Did you encrypt the card?
    06-16-14 06:17 AM
    OK, here's a (probably silly) idea.

Can you select and copy the "empty" folders onto your computer? Then afterwards, re-format the SD Card to FAT32, and finally copy back the folders on to the newly-formatted card.
    06-16-14 06:25 AM
    OK, here's a (probably silly) idea.

Can you select and copy the "empty" folders onto your computer? Then afterwards, re-format the SD Card to FAT32, and finally copy back the folders on to the newly-formatted card.
    I believe this would be the way to lose the files for good.

--------------------

BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-16-14 06:29 AM
    You've probably come across this, but I'll throw it in just in case:
    06-16-14 06:31 AM
    I believe this would be the way to lose the files for good.

--------------------

Could be... but I'd be interested to see if Windows throws an error when the OP tries to copy "blank" folders.
    06-16-14 06:33 AM
    Did you manage to find a solution to the SD Card problem?

--------------------

06-16-14 12:33 PM
    Not at all. And I did a chat with SanDisk support: he asked me 4 questions, told me it was corrupt, to reformat and then shut the chat down. I'm trying different softwares. Currently running deep scans with Remo Recover and RescuePRO. Only problem is, I don't think the files have been deleted, so, running recovery software doesn't seem to help.

And here in the forums there's some chatter about SD cards getting reformatted. But, I don't believe that that is the issue here, since a reformatted disk would show as empty.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    06-16-14 12:55 PM
    What is it formatted as? Fat32? exFat?
    06-16-14 01:00 PM
    Fat32

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    06-16-14 01:04 PM
    Seems are a lot of programs claiming to recover files. Maybe one if them will work.
    06-16-14 01:27 PM
    If it is working but not showing the data,u can create an iso file through power iso..then extract the data from that file.simple

@dazlr
    06-16-14 01:38 PM
    If it is working but not showing the data,u can create an iso file through power iso..then extract the data from that file.simple

@dazlr
    This is an interesting idea. Trying now.

06-16-14 02:39 PM