Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I hate having to do this, but it's time to get newer phones.
    We have two 6 year old Q10's now that do everything we need.
    My understanding is that the newer phones run Android.

Question #1 : Will the BB Link I have sync MS Outlook with an Android BB or is there another option?

Question #2 : I see a lot of BlackBerry's on Amazon and such, but I have no idea
    which are the latest and greatest. I don't want to buy one that is a
    couple years old. Which ones are the newest?

Many are listed as unlocked, and my understanding is an unlocked phone will work with any carrier, however I don't know which carriers support them.
    I currently have Verizon, but they do not sell BlackBerry's anymore.
    I don't want to buy one off Amazon or wherever and then find out it's not supported.
    Best coverage in my area seems to be by Verizon and AT&T.

Question # 3A/B: I'm sure many of you have the new phones, so which carrier do
    you have, and did you buy the phone from them?

TIA
    Last edited by 02ebz06; 10-13-17 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo
    10-13-17 12:57 PM
    No more BB Link on Android. However, the android BlackBerry hub works quite well.

The Keyone is the latest physcial keyboard device. The Motion is all touch that will be released soon somewhere but US release date has not been given yet.

Yes, unlocked will work on Verizon and AT&T. For Verizon you need a CDMA model. AT&T is GSM and they offer the keyone on contract or direct purchase locked to their network. I have one of these.
    10-13-17 04:54 PM
    Thank you, I appreciate the information.

KeyOne is a bit pricey, but BestBuy has it on sale. MSRP $549.99 and sale price is $548.99. Wow, I should jump right on that.

I do like the fingerprint access on the DTEK60, but looks like it is GSM only.
    Last edited by 02ebz06; 10-14-17 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Adding a question
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-14-17 08:46 AM
    in 2017 the best way to sync Office Outlook contacts and calendar is to first sync it to an Outlook.com account and the add your Outlook.com account contacts and calendar to your phone.

Then you have live automatic two-way sync'ing and backup within seconds.
    10-14-17 10:06 AM

So the DTEK's and the Priv are old news?
    Yes. Your best bet is either the KEYone or the Motion.
    10-14-17 10:12 AM
    ^^^ Agree. I upgraded from the Priv to the KEYone and have been very happy with it. Nougat won't come to the Priv and it's a worthwhile upgrade.
    10-14-17 10:16 AM
    Haven't seen anything yet saying when the Motion will be available in North America.
    10-14-17 11:11 AM
    Haven't seen anything yet saying when the Motion will be available in North America.
    10-14-17 11:11 AM

KeyOne is a bit pricey, but BestBuy has it on sale. MSRP $549.99 and sale price is $548.99. Wow, I should jump right on that.

Amazon might have CDMA
    10-14-17 11:29 AM

Be careful when you buy. Make sure that it’ll work on Verizon. For Verizon and Sprint they can be picky. I’m sure that Verizon carries the KEYᴼᴺᴱ so you can ask them.
    10-15-17 11:02 AM
    Be careful when you buy. Make sure that it’ll work on Verizon. For Verizon and Sprint they can be picky. I’m sure that Verizon carries the KEYᴼᴺᴱ so you can ask them.
    Verizon does not carry the K1. There is a CDMA Verizon compatible K1 available that is unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 11:04 AM
    Verizon does not carry the K1. There is a CDMA Verizon compatible K1 available that is unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    Aw crap. I was sure they did. I’m glad you found a compatible one. How can they say it’s compatible if Verizon never sold it?
    10-15-17 03:46 PM
    Aw crap. I was sure they did. I’m glad you found a compatible one. How can they say it’s compatible if Verizon never sold it?
    It's unlocked. No different than any other unlocked phone, just CDMA versus GSM.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 05:59 PM
    It's unlocked. No different than any other unlocked phone, just CDMA versus GSM.

Posted via CB10
    I’m just questioning the seller’s claim that it’s Compatible if there never was a Verizon KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    10-15-17 08:19 PM
    I’m just questioning the seller’s claim that it’s Compatible if there never was a Verizon KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    The seller on Amazon is BlackBerry. The CDMA unlocked K1 is advertised by BlackBerry as Verizon compatible and is listed as an approved unlocked device by Verizon. There are tons of threads discussing people's experience with this model.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 08:32 PM
    Are there anymore blackberry phones coming out before the year ends?
    10-16-17 05:39 PM
    Are there anymore blackberry phones coming out before the year ends?
    If you're talking about BB10, don't count on it.

Other than the BlackBerry Motion, I'm not sure another BlackBerry Android phone will release this calendar year.
    10-16-17 07:33 PM
    I was hoping another android phone was coming out. Is the Keyone keyboard like the Priv or the Passport?
    10-16-17 08:46 PM
    I was hoping another android phone was coming out. Is the Keyone keyboard like the Priv or the Passport?
    I've owned all three and can tell you the KEYone is like a blend between the two (the Passport and Priv).

KEYone vs. Passport:
    The Passport keyboard was awesome but I could never quite get used to the three row setup and the placement of the spacebar. The KEYone seems more logically laid out, for me anyways.

KEYone vs Priv:
    Compared to the PRIV, the KEYone wins when it comes to not being so top-heavy and having much quicker access to keyboard shortcuts. The Priv wins in versatility: if you want a software keyboard you could use the excellent BlackBerry software keyboard. This really came in handy when typing in bed and although you can activate the software keyboard on the KEYone, I still miss it.

All in all, the KEYone keyboard is personally my favorite. I fly on this thing and use the keyboard shortcuts constantly.
    mrbquick likes this.
    10-17-17 07:05 PM
    Thanks! I appreciate the clarification. Hopefully here in the US it will go on sale for Black Friday. I want to get the Black Edition 64gb
    10-17-17 09:21 PM