The software for my bberry classic (I'm waiting for the Key2) was lost when I switched to a new desktop computer. I'm computer stupid and need to know how to add it to my new computer. Blackberry-30E2/model# SQC100-2/10.3.3.1463
    05-17-18 05:37 PM
    You can download BlackBerry Blend from the BlackBerry site. The last version from several years ago is still there, and includes Link which is what did the syncing to the PC.

I assume you are syncing to the desktop version of Outlook?

Word of warning: Link is iffy on Windows 10. For some, it still works. For others, it doesn't work at all. For me, it partially works. But, I quit using it for syncing a while ago when I decided to use outlook.com and link my ISP email. Now, I can sync wirelessly from phone to my PC - calendar, contacts and notes. It uses Exchange ActiveSync, so I can even do calendar invites through email.

One more thing. You will need a paid third-party solution for the Key2, because there is no android equivalent to Link provided for wired syncing.
    05-17-18 07:16 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to respond in case anyone else is looking for this info. I switched today from a Classic to a Key2 and it was surprisingly easy! All you need is a Gmail account, which you will need if you are switching to Android anyway. I was worried about this because my Blackberry software on my computer stopped working over a year ago.

When you power on the Key2 it actually asks you if you want to import from another phone and then gives you step by step instructions. You will have to download an app on the old phone from the BB store called Contest Transfer. It then uses your wifi and some sort of Google cloud service to transfer from the old phone to the new one.

As far as I can tell the only thing that didn't transfer is my voice notes that I had saved in the "remember" app and that may be just because I didn't transfer any music or pictures that were physically saved to my memory card. I'm not sure if voice notes were saved to the phone's internal memory or the memory card. But all contacts and calendar entries transferred seamlessly, as well as all the screen shots and a portion of my text messages. It only allows you to transfer 3500 texts or something, so if you never deleted your texts you will lose all the really old stuff.
    11-22-18 10:06 PM