Important Details: OS version 5.0.0.328, I'm in the U.S., and this is my first blackberry ever so I don't know much

First you'll want to know why I got such an old phone. I wanted an old school phone without WIFI because I just don't need more internet in my life. I am in school and on my laptop constantly and don't need it on my phone. I have my reasons.

So I was with a small company that used sprint towers. I switched back onto my family's plan with AT&T today. They said everything on there end is up and running but when we put in the SIM card I wasn't getting service.

In the mobile network settings I have the following selected:
    Data services: On
    While Roaming: On
    Mobile Network selected is AT&T
    Selection Mode: Manual
    (Next is something that says prompt with an option for yes or no and I'm not sure what that is.)
    Network Technology: GSM/UMTS
    Network Mode: 3G & 2G

It finds the AT&T network but then says only Emergency Calls are available.

I found out that the "My phone number" was listing another number so I dialed ##000000 like someone on this forum told someone else years ago and changed it to my number. A guy on youtube said to change the next number down (the IMSI_S) to my phone number as well...is that true?

So anyway can anyone help me figure out what is going on and why I can't get service?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a noob at this stuff since in the past I just stick in my SIM from a phone I've bought at AT&T. I've read online about some people saying to download the AT&T service books but it seemed like that was for people who had service but the internet wasn't working.
    06-29-17 11:07 PM
    As far as I can tell the Storm 9530 has HSPA+ band 1, CDMA and 2G GSM connectivity. Band 1 doesn't exist in North America, AT&T isn't a CDMA carrier and they discontinued 2G GSM at the end of 2016. Perhaps a phone from this decade would be better.
    blueyestm likes this.
    06-29-17 11:16 PM
    My guess, for such an old phone, is that it is trying to access 2g, not 3g. ATT dropped 2g, so the storm will never work. Tmobile still has 2g...

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    06-29-17 11:18 PM