Hello CB community.

I've been facing a very strange issue for the past few months with my BB KEY 2.

The native "Downloads/File Manager" app crashes everytime i try to access it from a third party app. This is usually when I try to browse for a file to be uploaded or selected, let's say on a website in chrome or from any app. What happens is that the Downloads app pops up for a split second then crashes. This makes it impossible for me to pick files and select them for uploading. Even when I try to access the app individually from the apps drawer or the storage manager in the Settings, the same issue happens.
    Accessing my internal memory works fine from other apps like Google Files. But unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to change the default file picker to Google Files.

I tried all kind of solutions over the past few months like clearing the cache and app data, trying to disable native system apps and re-enabling them and deleting apps that I suspect might corrupt my internal storage. I tried many hard resets. Nothing works. I finally decided to backup everything and do a factory reset. After the reset, the Downloads app opened properly but once everything was restored (Apps and settings) the issue reappeared.

My phone info:
    Blackberry Key2 BBF100-6 UAE version
    OS Android 8.1.0
    Software version: ACQ160 May 1st, 2020
    Hardware version: PRD-63828-001

Appreciate your help guys.
    Thanks.
    04-19-21 09:06 AM
    My guess is one of the apps your using is causing the issue... any of them integrate with the file manager?

Start deleting apps.... or Factory Reset without a restore and slow add back apps as needed and fully test.
    Macko McLiver likes this.
    04-19-21 09:12 AM
    I tried to revoke Storage access from all the apps who have it, but this didn't work as well.
    I will try your suggestion. Is there a way to backup to google, then restore everything expect the installed apps?
    I want to restore the settings, the call logs, SMS, contacts, etc, just skip the list of installed apps.
    04-19-21 09:27 AM
    I tried to revoke Storage access from all the apps who have it, but this didn't work as well.
    I will try your suggestion. Is there a way to backup to google, then restore everything expect the installed apps?
    I want to restore the settings, the call logs, SMS, contacts, etc, just skip the list of installed apps.
    There are other 3rd party apps that allow you to do some selective backup.. but sorry I never needed to use any of them.
    04-21-21 03:18 PM
    Yes, when you're doing the restore from Google, you can tap on the "apps" label to expand a checklist of apps to install.
    04-21-21 05:04 PM
    Thanks guys. I managed to find the problem. As suggested by Dunt, the issue was caused by an app. after installing the apps one by one, I finally found the culprit. thanks for the idea.
    04-24-21 05:21 AM