Title says it all. Keeping everything cleaned up regularly as best I can, but the native browser seems slower and slower. I know about Browsie an d other options but is there any other cure?
    Z30 on VZW

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 04:19 PM
    Title says it all. Keeping everything cleaned up regularly as best I can, but the native browser seems slower and slower. I know about Browsie an d other options but is there any other cure?
    Z30 on VZW

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I cannot even use some sites anymore. Unless BlackBerry updates it, you are out of luck. Other browsers don't fare much better since they rely on similar outdated software libraries in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 04:45 PM
    When you get old, you'll slow down too. I've certainly gotten slower.

With no updates to bring the browser up to new standards, things are only going to get worse.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-28-17 04:49 PM
    Roger that on the getting older.
    I love our Z30's and I'm trying to hold out but they're not making it easy.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 05:05 PM
    Still curious why some sites but not all, won't load any more. No rhyme nor reason to it

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 01:31 PM
    Still curious why some sites but not all, won't load any more. No rhyme nor reason to it

Posted via CB10
    I would imagine that some sites have changed the code/tech they use which isn't always compatible. I noticed that sites with a lot of embedded ads/videos really slow the browser. Mine locks up every time on ESPN.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 01:47 PM
    Makes sense. ESPN slow and often locks. Same with NASCAR. National Review won't load at all.
    So is an aftermarket like Browsie the only solution?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 02:22 PM
    Makes sense. ESPN slow and often locks. Same with NASCAR. National Review won't load at all.
    So is an aftermarket like Browsie the only solution?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it will help much but it is worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 02:34 PM
    I always found doing a clean install really made BB10 seem to work much faster.....

But I've noticed my browser gets slow on some sites now... on other devices. More and more site owner expect Mobile devices to be able to handle more content and more ads... they want to know where you are and if you'll allow notification....

Too be honest CrackBerry is SOOOOO much better with TCL buying out all the marketing junk.
    08-29-17 02:55 PM
    Clearing your browser cache and history can help but the core issue is still the lack of browser updates to keep up with web standards.
    08-29-17 03:06 PM
    Alternatives: Browsie Browser has slowed down also; one of its good features on a physical keyboard is toggling javascript on and off by pressing the J key. I use Evolution Browser to handle sites with annoying autoplay videos.
    nealjane likes this.
    08-29-17 04:15 PM
    has anyone found a browser that still works on kijiji....all the way through replying to an ad?

Posted via CBX
    09-18-17 08:49 AM
    I cant play videos on Czech national TV website, but ESPN works great on my Classic 10.3.3.1463. Pity that I dont care about sports ať all.

Didnt noticed any other "unplayable" sites...

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 09:11 AM
    i think kijiji is the ultimate test for a web browser....why though, i cant explain. very poor coding. i tried evolution and while it is slow, i can replay to ads. i tried polarity, and it is slow plus some key elements like description and the reply button are missing.

Posted via CBX
    09-18-17 09:21 AM
    ok i was wrong, captcha worked once but not again with evolution, also the typing delay and errors make me want to throw my phone at a wall.

Posted via CBX
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-18-17 09:31 AM
    I pull out my Passport almost daily so I can reminisce of a time when I lived in a life of utter bliss.
    I always have my bubble burst and fall on my head when I open the browser and try to do what is so much more functional and faster on any other OS.

It's a shame there is no fix or alternative for it. If there were to be a browser update released I would go back to my Passport and buy another in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-18-17 at 12:10 PM.
    09-18-17 11:56 AM
    how can a poorly coded site be the doom of a device. my passport works A1 when not trying to browse kijiji.

Posted via CBX
    09-18-17 05:42 PM
    how can a poorly coded site be the doom of a device.
    Because there are a lot of interesting things to buy there that you won't find elsewhere.
    09-18-17 06:13 PM
    how can a poorly coded site be the doom of a device. my passport works A1 when not trying to browse kijiji.

Posted via CBX
    There are some sites that have buttons or options on the page that simply do not work. Some timeas this is permanent and sometimes it is between page redesigns but when you really need something to work and you simply can't do it and have to go on another device that can become frustrating.

Second would be the speed of the browser can be very time consuming.
    09-19-17 02:39 PM

Posted via CBX
    Plenty of others have had issues with other sites too.

The "doom of a device"... has little to do with kijiji.
    09-19-17 02:56 PM
    Plenty of others have had issues with other sites too.

The "doom of a device"... has little to do with kijiji.
    Other than the fact that there are usually abundant deals once a device is widely accepted as "doomed."

Search for the Priv and you'll see what I mean. It's very tempting...
    09-19-17 03:14 PM
    Try to use https more often.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 08:09 AM
    Try to use https more often. And close the url with a /

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 08:10 AM