My address book breeds overnight.

I'll have a contact for, say, "Bob Smith". One day, completely at random, I'll notice there are two "Bob Smith"s. Or three. Or four. All will be identical, and deleting one will delete all of them. There is no correlation with how many different numbers a contact has, or how often I call them, or if I've already joined together a bunch of rogue Bob Smiths on previous occasions. It's not even just one phone-- it happened on my old Priv and now it happens on my KeyTwo. It's more of a nuisance than a problem, at least compared with some of the other issues I have, but it's -weird-.
    09-26-19 11:39 AM
    My address book breeds overnight.

I'll have a contact for, say, "Bob Smith". One day, completely at random, I'll notice there are two "Bob Smith"s. Or three. Or four. All will be identical, and deleting one will delete all of them. There is no correlation with how many different numbers a contact has, or how often I call them, or if I've already joined together a bunch of rogue Bob Smiths on previous occasions. It's not even just one phone-- it happened on my old Priv and now it happens on my KeyTwo. It's more of a nuisance than a problem, at least compared with some of the other issues I have, but it's -weird-.
    Are you syncing contacts with more than one cloud source? - could be some kind of feedback loop.
    09-26-19 12:24 PM
    I had this issue, once, a couple of years ago. A single new contact multiplied itself several hundred times with no way to do a block delete.

It has never happened again. But I do remember that it seemed to be associated with a crash and reboot.
    09-26-19 01:51 PM
    I've got this issue on a Q10. I think it started when I updated to latest software and installed whatsapp. Any suggestions on this?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-19 10:50 AM
    I've got this issue on a Q10. I think it started when I updated to latest software and installed whatsapp. Any suggestions on this?

Posted via CB10
    Look back 2 posts.
    10-02-19 11:06 AM
    I have the same issue on my Key2 exactly as described by conite.
    10-07-19 01:54 AM