I live in Singapore and have a Q10. I had a terrible time downloading Link onto my Windows 8 PC. Finally I had someone download the Link program onto a USB key and got it onto my PC that way. However my PC has never recognized my Q10 phone - I know the USB cable is working as I can see the charging signal, however I have never had any other recognition from my PC or Link that it can see my Q10. I have tried uninstalling all the RIM/ Bberry drivers, I have re-booted phones and PCs - I have tried every potential fix I could find on the internet. Finally today I had some hope as there was an update for Link which I uploaded - however it made no difference. All I want to do is connect my Q10 to my home PC and back it up - I'm not asking for anything complicated...!!!!!!

I am despairing - Blackberry - how could you have messed up this software so badly? I am a loyal business QWERTY user and I am so upset that I can't back up my device. For the first time ever I am considering an Apple or Android phone - now most companies will support these for secure email.

Please reply quickly - I want to believe but feel so let down by this former Canadian tech icon....
    07-01-14 07:44 AM
    I am not sure, but I read that Link does not work well on Windows 8...
    I still have win7 so can't emulate for you...

However, consider backing up with FireChestBackUp (better the PRO version: BackUpPro), available on BB-World.

Attachment 281778
    07-01-14 08:02 AM
    I can't even get Link installed on my Win8 PC - you can't borrow someones Win7?
    07-01-14 10:13 AM
    I have completely given up on Link, but then I don't need it. My email, calendar and contacts are synced to Outlook.com, and all my files are stored on One Drive. My photos are uploaded to One Drive as well.

The only thing that doesn't sync is my non-Evernote Remember entries, and it's a problem. I hope some sort of cloud service like Protect takes care of it in a not-too-distant update.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 06:51 AM
    I have completely given up on Link, but then I don't need it. My email, calendar and contacts are synced to Outlook.com, and all my files are stored on One Drive. My photos are uploaded to One Drive as well.

The only thing that doesn't sync is my non-Evernote Remember entries, and it's a problem. I hope some sort of cloud service like Protect takes care of it in a not-too-distant update.

Posted via CB10
    I don't back up with Link either but to load a leak you need to have Link installed on the PC which is why I still have a Win7 machine floating around as back up. I do the same as you except all my pics go on my sd card.
    07-02-14 07:49 AM