I've tried everything - rebooting, removing both cards and then rebooting and nothing! I slide the options screen down from th top of the phone and tap on settings and alls I get is a blank page. HELP!

I have a Z30 that I purchased brand new in Nov of 2018 (yes, I was slow to upgrade because my Z10 was still perfect!!) and I'd love to give you more info but I can't access any of that.

Thanks for a (hopefully) speedy solution
    Roberta
    03-21-19 04:46 PM
    I recall several other posts like this, but don't recall if there was a solution other than clean reinstall of OS using an autoloader.
    03-21-19 04:50 PM
    I've tried everything - rebooting, removing both cards and then rebooting and nothing! I slide the options screen down from th top of the phone and tap on settings and alls I get is a blank page. HELP!

I have a Z30 that I purchased brand new in Nov of 2018 (yes, I was slow to upgrade because my Z10 was still perfect!!) and I'd love to give you more info but I can't access any of that.

Thanks for a (hopefully) speedy solution
    Roberta
    This is a known Z30 issue - particularly with OS 10.3.2.2876.

The only way to resolve it is with a clean OS install. Here is the latest autoloader:

https://mega.nz/#!tVgyjDYS!ojnru-l0A...CIkAU1dIybpHK0

Download to PC, unzip it, plug in device, and run the autoloader. Your device will be wiped in the process.
    03-21-19 05:19 PM
    I looked at an old post of mine here from Nov 2018 and here are the specs of my phone in case it makes a dif...
    Z30 is: STA100-5 / Software release 10.3.3.1359 / Serial # 0728-5468-XXXX / UMTS Operating Bands Capability 1,2,4,5,6 / LTE Bands Capa 4,5,7.

I'll go ahead and download the autoloader...I'm hoping it will magically reappear so I can avoid losing all my 500+ contacts and my years of back and future appointments.....ARGH!!!!!
    03-21-19 06:47 PM
    Forgot to mention BlackBerry Blend doesn't even recognize the phone and with the exception of my email not showing on my phone for the last 3 days, everything else works. This is really weird.
    03-21-19 06:52 PM
    Most folks refer to the OS version rather than the Software Release number. FWIW:

SR 10.3.3.1359 = OS 10.3.3.2049

As for Blend, it's been hit 'n' miss (mostly miss) for a year or more. If you're running Windows 10 there's a thread or two with instructions on what to reconfigure to (hopefully) get Win 10 to recognize a BB10 device. I got my computer to recognize my Z10, but not Blend.
    03-21-19 07:19 PM
    Forgot to mention BlackBerry Blend doesn't even recognize the phone and with the exception of my email not showing on my phone for the last 3 days, everything else works. This is really weird.
    Definitely odd garfers. Before you run the autoloader, does Sachesi or Link recognize the phone? Failing that have you tried Ultimate Backup? Either would allow you to preserve your data, including the contacts and appointments, before running the autoloader....
    03-21-19 07:22 PM
    I've never heard of Sachesi Or Ultimate BackUp and by Link do you mean BB Link? Link doesn't recognize it either nor does it show up on my computer with 10 but it does on my computer that runs Win 7 but that's it - it shows on the list but I can't access it. I'll ty ANYTHING before wiping because I have over 400 contacts and 6 yrs of appts and history I'd like to keep...and of course I do not have a back up...my bad I know.

You guys are GREAT! THanks for helping me out.
    03-21-19 09:31 PM
    I've never heard of Sachesi Or Ultimate BackUp and by Link do you mean BB Link? Link doesn't recognize it either nor does it show up on my computer with 10 but it does on my computer that runs Win 7 but that's it - it shows on the list but I can't access it. I'll ty ANYTHING before wiping because I have over 400 contacts and 6 yrs of appts and history I'd like to keep...and of course I do not have a back up...my bad I know.

You need to remove important security features on your computer to use BlackBerry Link on a Windows 10 box - so you probably shouldn't.

Use the cloud to sync your contacts, or purchase Ultimate Backup for a more comprehensive backup solution:

http://runisoft.com/index.php?option...=78&Itemid=485
    03-21-19 09:42 PM
    Another really useful backup app - just for contacts: Look in BBW for "Contacts ImEx". It will export your contacts to one of several formats, and save the backup (export) to a location of your choosing. Could be an SD card, a PC, or a cloud location. I would advise making at least 2 backups, in different file formats (make one of them csv format) and save to different locations.

Back up the rest of your files with Ultimate Backup - same deal, make redundant backups.

Then do conite's autoloader, which will wipe your phone but also give you a fresh OS install without bugs or known issues.

After your phone has settled with its new OS, then you can import your contacts again from one of the backups you made, and also restore the rest of your files from Ultimate Backup.

Be patient, and you should soon have your Z30 working better than ever.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    03-22-19 01:04 AM
    OK just thought of something...should I click on the link to purchase Ultimate Backup from my phone or PC. Right now I am posting from my PC...these old eyes prefer a 27in monitor over a 5.5in screen! I'm going to work on this later today so I'll keep you posted!
    03-22-19 12:09 PM
    OK just thought of something...should I click on the link to purchase Ultimate Backup from my phone or PC. Right now I am posting from my PC...these old eyes prefer a 27in monitor over a 5.5in screen! I'm going to work on this later today so I'll keep you posted!
    PC. You would have to sideload the app from your computer. They should hopefully have instructions. If not, ask here.
    03-22-19 12:17 PM

Hey garfers,

As someone who works in computer security, you can definitely use Blackberry Link on a Windows 10 box without worrying about security issues, so conite's arguments aside don't worry about that.

Sachesi is a third-party backup app that works really well. It can also be used for sideloading. Download it here:

https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases/tag/2.0.4

Ultimate Backup is a a solid option--they will essentially give you a promo code to use in Blackberry World to download the app, so no sideloading is actually required. Feel free to post or PM (click my name, then the blue PM next to Posts) if you have any trouble or further questions.
    03-22-19 01:59 PM
    Well, here's another dilemna that I didn't think about. I can't receive email on my phone so I can't receive the ultimate backup app I just purchased on my pc. I tried doing it from my phone but I can't get online! I go oto my broeser app and type in the web address and nothing! I even tried it from another browser app. As far as that goes, the only apps that work on my phone right now are apps that do not require internet access. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-22-19 02:15 PM
    Well, here's another dilemna that I didn't think about. I can't receive email on my phone so I can't receive the ultimate backup app I just purchased on my pc. I tried doing it from my phone but I can't get online! I go oto my broeser app and type in the web address and nothing! I even tried it from another browser app. As far as that goes, the only apps that work on my phone right now are apps that do not require internet access. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So wait, both on wireless and cellular you have no Internet access? That's highly bizarre.

Can you download Sachesi on your computer?
    03-22-19 02:17 PM
    Hey garfers,

As someone who works in computer security, you can definitely use Blackberry Link on a Windows 10 box without worrying about security issues, so conite's arguments aside don't worry about that.
    I'm not a fan of re-enabling SMB 1.0 / CIFS support.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...mbv1-protocol/
    03-22-19 02:18 PM
    I'm not a fan of re-enabling SMB 1.0 / CIFS support.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/window...mbv1-protocol/
    Yes, but you are a fan of using a notoriously insecure mobile operating system and recommending it to others. As for SMB 1.0/CIFS, from your own cited article:

"Unfortunately, some older database programs and even new devices such as those from Sonos require SMBv1.

If you discover that you have an app or a network device that won't work without this feature, use Control Panel to turn the feature back on."

I assume you are against anyone using Sonos devices as well.
    03-22-19 02:26 PM
    CORRECT! My thought was since I can't get to my settings, maybe nothing else can either?? That being said I have 5 bars, 4G, the BB logo and all my across the top of the screen icons that are always there when everything is fine, are activated, (not grayed out) I don't know! I gave up trying to understand how the OS's and other stuff works long ago. Now I just focus on what I use the most and that's my calendar, contacts, Remember, text and email, facebook, evernote. But I can not use any app that requires internet access. For now since I"ve got a ton of work to do, I've gone back to my Z10. After I get through the weekend, I'll go back to trying to get my Z30 back in line!
    03-22-19 04:21 PM
    CORRECT! My thought was since I can't get to my settings, maybe nothing else can either?? That being said I have 5 bars, 4G, the BB logo and all my across the top of the screen icons that are always there when everything is fine, are activated, (not grayed out) I don't know! I gave up trying to understand how the OS's and other stuff works long ago. Now I just focus on what I use the most and that's my calendar, contacts, Remember, text and email, facebook, evernote. But I can not use any app that requires internet access. For now since I"ve got a ton of work to do, I've gone back to my Z10. After I get through the weekend, I'll go back to trying to get my Z30 back in line!
    Fair enough garfers! Just know that there are ways to both preserve your Z30 data and get your device working normally again. We'll help you through it!
    03-22-19 04:48 PM
    OK you guys are the best! Sooooo...another thing to throw in the mix.... since you're all so helpful.....does my Z30 support wireless charging? I'll probably get back to trying to resolve this annoyance on Monday...thanks again everyone! Now, back to work for me!
    03-22-19 06:42 PM
    OK you guys are the best! Sooooo...another thing to throw in the mix.... since you're all so helpful.....does my Z30 support wireless charging? I'll probably get back to trying to resolve this annoyance on Monday...thanks again everyone! Now, back to work for me!
    It absolutely does. Any standard Qi wireless charger will work out of the box.
    03-22-19 06:45 PM
    It absolutely does. Any standard Qi wireless charger will work out of the box.
    Only the Z30STA100-3 (Verizon CDMA) supports wireless charging.
    03-22-19 06:56 PM
    garfers, that is an important point of clarification: Verizon Z30s are supported out of the box, other Z30s will require an adapter.
    03-22-19 07:01 PM
    Guys, pleeeease keep the posts about the OP's issues, and not about each other. We all know you two don't agree on a lot, but with all due respect, the constant petty bickering distracts from being able to troubleshoot and solve problems. :-/

Yes, but you are a fan of using a notoriously insecure mobile operating system and recommending it to others. As for SMB 1.0/CIFS, from your own cited article:

"Unfortunately, some older database programs and even new devices such as those from Sonos require SMBv1.

If you discover that you have an app or a network device that won't work without this feature, use Control Panel to turn the feature back on."

I assume you are against anyone using Sonos devices as well.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-23-19 12:14 AM
    It was listed as "factory unlocked" and I use AT&T so to prevent any further frustration, I'll forget this wireless charging thing until I have free time to figure that out.
    03-23-19 01:55 PM
30 12