I have also tried what all the other forums are saying, like do a reboot because it's a software issue, or clean out the jack because it's linty. It's not linty because I use a dust plug, it's quite clean. I rebooted and it didn't help. I also read to try submitting failed test results through BBVE, and that didn't fix it either. It's October, and I got this phone for Christmas just last year, so it's not too old. Yes I did try wiggling, pushing, turning, etc, didn't work. I tested 4 different pairs of earphones that are known to work in other devices. Audio continues to just come out the speaker. Please help, thanks!
    10-02-16 12:20 AM
    You may have a faulty headphone jack and it may need to be replaced.
    BBVE is not a repair tool but it may assist in identifying any potential failures.
    If BBVE fails to recognize when you connect headphones or if sounds aren't audible in the test process there is a chance that the problem is hardware related.
    Since you've tried a few different headphones without success odds are you will need to replace the jack input itself.
    This is unlikely to be software related so a reload of OS isn't required but if you're desperate it may be worth an attempt, especially if you have recently installed any apps which have audio controls/permissions or if you have recently changed your OS.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 12:51 AM
    It's easy and quite cheap to replace. I changed it out for a new one is less than 5 minutes and around 4$ for the part.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 06:29 AM