Since coming back from london (where I used a different sim card) my phone heats up and drains the battery too quickly.

I was once able to fix the problem by doing an internet update but it has since disappeared.

Reload won't work.
    Security wipe doesn't work.

Is my phone a brick?
    06-24-16 12:04 AM
    Since coming back from london (where I used a different sim card) my phone heats up and drains the battery too quickly.

I was once able to fix the problem by doing an internet update but it has since disappeared.

Reload won't work.
    Security wipe doesn't work.

Is my phone a brick?
    If you can still power on and use your phone services your phone is not a brick.

Remove your Sim card and check the slot for any damage....did you perchance use a sim adapter or a cut down while in London? Is your original sim faulty.

First try a hard reboot...hold power button for 20-30 seconds until red LED flashes and boot logo reappears. See if your issue settles down.

Check your device monitor for the source of your drain.
    Did you happen to download any additional apps (android?) prior to your problems arising?

Have you tried connecting to BBLINK and reloading the OS? Avoid initiating the reload or wipe from your device.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 12:28 AM
    I have tried to reload the os via the bblink but it gives me a message with "incomplete" in it. The sim card slot is fine, as is the sd card slot, but both those slots are in the relative vicinity of where the phone heats up most.

What I had done before that worked (I've had this same problem before, always prompted by the lyca mobile sim) was load the OS via the website. That website link is now dead.

The device monitor just gives me percentages that show over use across the board.
    Any ideas?
    06-24-16 05:13 AM
    TRYİNG "SIC MULTIWIPE", AND THEN RELOAD YOUR DEVICE VIA "BLACKBERRY LINK". YOU SHOULD WATCH SOME VIDEOS ABOUT SIC MULTIWIPE AND RELOADING

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 05:42 AM
    Get rid of it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-24-16 06:04 AM
    Blackberry devices are know for their overheating. You should know that an average BlackBerry device is a mini computer. I would advices reducing your work on it. Like deleting some useless apps. I did mine and it did reduced the overheating but when I use th device for a long time, it starts heating.
    I believe BlackBerry can do to start installing a mini fan in their devices

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 02:49 AM