I have been using using BB for several years up to now. But 2 days ago i found my Passport has no reception. At first i thought i would be the net work provider, but it happened again to the next day and it fail to search reception successfully. I took our my sim card and insert it into the other cellphone, that sim card did not work. i tried to the other one to the Pp but it has very weak reception just for 1 hour it happened the same thing. at that time my PP run on OS 10.2.2836. i asked some friends of mine they said a lot of BB users had face on the same my problem.
    Please help me to fix my PP.
    Thanks a lot and have a nice day to you all
    09-11-16 09:22 PM
    As I understand your problem you have mentioned that the original Sim card doesn't work in either your Passport or in an alternate device, and an alternate Sim works in your PP but poorly.

It's possible that the SIM card slot is damaged in the PP or that both sims cards are faulty.

Make certain to use a nano-Sim card in your PP as BlackBerry advises against the use of cut down cards or Sim adapters.

Also if possible use BBVE to troubleshoot SIM recognition and try a hard reboot of your device (hold power button down until red LED flashes and BlackBerry boot logo reappears).
    If you still have no resolution you could try reloading the OS though BBLINK.

Posted via CB10
    hddzung likes this.
    09-12-16 02:20 AM
    tks for your instruction, but all steps i did is nothing happen. may be due to hardware issue as my friend said
    09-12-16 05:15 AM
    It could be hardware , specifically the SIM card slot may be damaged and that potentially could have damaged your Sim when removed. Use a magnifier to check your card slot pins and to check the contacts on your card.

I find it interesting though that your original Sim doesn't work in either of your phones. You may want to try a NEW Sim that is appropriate for your PP.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 01:58 PM
    Actually I changed a brandnew nano sim to my pp but nothing change. It's always searching networks. I also used the magnifier to check sim slot, everything fine. Quite disappointed with this matter

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 09:51 PM