Hello

I need help... be aware my English is not good but I really need help...

A problem is I cannot use my KEYone for last four days since my physical keyboard stop functioning.

Last Friday I was using my KEYone that I got 3weeks ago, while I'm using is my phone, physical keyboard suddenly stops function. I still can swipe but I can not type anything with my physical keyboard. I promise that I have never dropped my phone and I was just using my phone on the bed before I go to sleep.

So, I asked BlackBerry Technical Support and they gave me the advice to perform a reboot and a factory data reset but both advice didn't work. Moreover, I stuck at the first step of the setting after I perform factory data reset because I can not type my WiFi password with a physical keyboard...and I don't see any option of a type with a virtual keyboard or skip that WiFi setting.

Already 4 days passed since my phone stuck at the setting in the very beginning. I cannot even go to my home screen or check messages unless I complete setting.
    It is difficult to live without phone nowadays...I really need to get my phone back. Also, I asked BlackBerry Technical Support that if I can send my device to them and fix it, but I haven't got any reply for 2days but since I need to fix my phone as soon as possible I cannot wait for so long.

I dreamed of having blackberry since I was studying in Canada. When I got my KEYone I really loved it, I loved the style, I loved the keyboard and I loved it more than my previous iPhone. I already sold my previous phone and I don't have any spare phone that I can use now. So I hope someone could help me with this problem.

Thank you for reading and I'll wait for your reply...
    06-01-17 08:43 AM
    I am trying to find out how you can invoke the virtual keyboard.

What about returning to Carrier for a new phone?
    06-01-17 09:27 AM
    Maybe try opening Main Settings (swipe down with two fingers) and see if you can get to Language/Input and open the virtual keyboard. Altho, this might not work until the phone is setup. Catch 22.
    06-01-17 09:49 AM
    Thank you for the advice! unfortunately, I couldnt open the main setting....
    06-01-17 10:04 AM
    It's clear it's not a software issue.... you'll have to see about returning it for a warranty exchange. I'd contact the seller of the phone, not BlackBerry Mobile. If you bought the phone outside normal channels... you can try disassembling it and see if the keyboard connector came loose.
    06-01-17 11:05 AM

If you had an OTG usb cable could you hook up a wireless keyboard to finish the setup or do you have to get into settings to enable that as well? Just a suggestion to cover all the bases.
    Toms suzuks and FF22 like this.
    06-01-17 11:09 AM
    Will the phone operate in landscape mode at this stage of the setup process - that can invoke the virtual kb.

Settings > Language Input > Physical Keyboard > show virtual keyboard

But the consensus seems like you need to have the device replaced with a working one.

good luck.
    06-01-17 12:54 PM
    Good grief, there have been a number of KEYᵒⁿᵉ users with keyboard or individual key problems, but this one takes the cake!

No obvious way to actually access device set up ....
    06-02-17 09:44 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

I'll see if I can get our resident BlackBerry Mobile Rep to escalate your issue and assist. @BlackBerry Mobile

PS Not sure what your native language is, BUT I can get you help in Spanish or French, besides just English. I have volunteers that are multi or bilingual.
    06-02-17 10:44 AM
    Im having the same issue. From the start page..swarch avail networks. There should be an option to use just data to begin setup. This should allow u to keep skipping through with some patience. Bottom line..this phone was delayed and still came out like ****..
    06-04-17 11:05 PM
    Interesting issues here. Let's hope having good resolution.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    06-05-17 12:06 AM