Hi,

My key 2 just keep rebooting this morning when I turn it on. And there is no way to reboot it or even turn if off. It's almost 2 years but I still want to keep it!

I tried to press the power bottom 32 seconds and also longer but there is no changes. It just keep rebooting...
    Sometimes when I push the volumn down bottom there will be a reset screen? showing 4 options saying that I can choose with volumn up and down bottom but it least only 1 second then jump to a somecode ended with bsn and my IMEI code then keep rebooting.

I called blackberry service phone, they said I need to pay $25 for shipping to send it to a center (typically 2-3 weeks if not longer) and they will quote me a repair price while I will have no phone to use at all.

Please help if anyone has a solution before I desperatedly send out my phone to repair center... Thanks

What device you are using?
    What OS or Firmware is your device running on?
    What steps have you taken already to try to fix the issue?
    If the issues are with a certain app, what version of the app are you running?
    Are there any specific error messages you get? If so, what are they?
    07-07-20 12:01 PM
    Hi,

My key 2 just keep rebooting this morning when I turn it on. And there is no way to reboot it or even turn if off. It's almost 2 years but I still want to keep it!

I tried to press the power bottom 32 seconds and also longer but there is no changes. It just keep rebooting...
    Sometimes when I push the volumn down bottom there will be a reset screen? showing 4 options saying that I can choose with volumn up and down bottom but it least only 1 second then jump to a somecode ended with bsn and my IMEI code then keep rebooting.

I called blackberry service phone, they said I need to pay $25 for shipping to send it to a center (typically 2-3 weeks if not longer) and they will quote me a repair price while I will have no phone to use at all.

Please help if anyone has a solution before I desperatedly send out my phone to repair center... Thanks

Where are you located? Usually BBMo sends repair shipping label. Pay the money and see what happens at this point.
    07-07-20 01:49 PM
    Hi,

Your power button is stuck.
    07-07-20 02:31 PM
    Hi again,

I agree the power button is not working correctly. So no matter how long I keep press the power key or the volume key(which works with 10s press power key makes the system back to reboot) nothing works.
    The power button does sounds clicking when I press it but it just doesn't work correctly.@@

I changed my passport screen and battery, but this key2 somehow looks more fragile .. Is returning it to blackberry center to repair the only solution? I'm in Nashville, I called lifeline repair, but they do only screen replacement...

I'm taking my last chance to drain the battery then recharge it to see if magic will happen.
    07-07-20 05:10 PM
    Hi again,

I agree the power button is not working correctly. So no matter how long I keep press the power key or the volume key(which works with 10s press power key makes the system back to reboot) nothing works.
    The power button does sounds clicking when I press it but it just doesn't work correctly.@@

I changed my passport screen and battery, but this key2 somehow looks more fragile .. Is returning it to blackberry center to repair the only solution? I'm in Nashville, I called lifeline repair, but they do only screen replacement...

I'm taking my last chance to drain the battery then recharge it to see if magic will happen.
    Just mash on the power button to unstick it. It's locked in the pressed position.
    07-07-20 09:04 PM
    call around to your local phone repair shops. cost me like $40-$60 to get the power button fixed/replaced. I'm in Toronto Canada 🇨🇦
    07-07-20 09:26 PM
    Hi , I did mash the power button like crazy and it seems back to work now!! Thanks Conite. I did try to click it previously but really mash like crazy seems helpful.
    I probably won't turn of the phone before I finish back up. It was terrifying not to have access....

By the way,anyone know any alternative way to take screenshot? I think that's the main reason to make power button stuck in the end...
    07-07-20 11:26 PM
    Hi , I did mash the power button like crazy and it seems back to work now!! Thanks Conite. I did try to click it previously but really mash like crazy seems helpful.
    I probably won't turn of the phone before I finish back up. It was terrifying not to have access....

By the way,anyone know any alternative way to take screenshot? I think that's the main reason to make power button stuck in the end...
    Use the BlackBerry Notable app to take screenshots.
    07-08-20 12:07 PM
    go to HOME DEPOT and buy contact cleaner. Hold phone with button in the down position IE pointed to ground. Put spray nozzle with red tube near switch try a fast spray then gently push on switch. You can try it a few times, DO NOT OVER SPRAY AND KEEP SWITCH POINTED DOWN TO GROUND.
    07-08-20 03:34 PM
    Hi all,
    I've tried to mash on Power button but it's still stuck from time to time.
    I'm going to try the contact cleaner this weekend, since now the space button doesn't work as well which is pretty annoying.

Instead of sending my phone back to repair (I was hoping to get refund from credit card company for extended one more year warrenty) I think I will just backup all files and keep my PASSPORT charged in case I will keep it.
    I will just wait Key3 or Key2 in promotion if still I can't get rid of this issue. Can't believe Key2 is in same price as 2018.....

Any suggestion?
    07-15-20 03:10 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm going to try the contact cleaner this weekend, since now the space button doesn't work as well which is pretty annoying.

Instead of sending my phone back to repair (I was hoping to get refund from credit card company for extended one more year warrenty) I think I will just backup all files and keep my PASSPORT charged in case I will keep it.
    I will just wait Key3 or Key2 in promotion if still I can't get rid of this issue. Can't believe Key2 is in same price as 2018.....

Any suggestion?
    There’s no such thing with Key2 promotions or Key3 as they’re discontinued and don’t exist.
    07-15-20 08:07 PM
    Hi all,

Any suggestion?
    Ya. BlackBerry Mobile has thrown in the towel. KEY² is essentially sold out, and there will be no further devices.
    07-15-20 11:56 PM