Hello,

I have a big confidentiality problem.
    My hubby is very jealous and keeps stalking me whenever I receive a message on BBM/Facebook/Whatsapp (although the phone is password protected) because the new message icon appears on the lockscreen.

How can I hide the icon from the lockscreen?

I want to see if I received new messages only after I unlock my phone.
    I think the question is valid for any type of phone

PS: I have several blackberry phones - including the ones with Android.

Thank you!
    01-05-17 02:52 AM
    Go to BB world and down load the MyMarriageCounselor app.

Seriously, BB10-settings-notifications-lockscreen settings-turn off lock screen notifications.

Droid: this might work http://forums.crackberry.com/android.../#post12669387
    01-05-17 04:39 AM
    The lock screen settings will disable the notifications, but overall you have a much larger issue in terms of trust, if not your personal safety, that really can't be addressed in a forum like this. Be sure to have a good support network outside of your husband and be sure to try and get him the help he seems to need desperately.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 and glwerry like this.
    01-05-17 07:09 AM
    Consider password protecting your phone if the situation escalates. It's very common for abusers to take away a woman's phone and having a spare phone is always a good idea, even if it's just one of those inexpensive prepaid phones.
    01-06-17 10:32 AM
    It's not called stalking when your husband just wants to know who are you talking to. Seriously, I can sense a big trust issue between your husband and you.

As for your answer, disable lock screen notifications in the settings. Works the same on both android and BBOS
    01-06-17 11:05 AM
    Hello,

I have a big confidentiality problem.
    My hubby is very jealous and keeps stalking me whenever I receive a message on BBM/Facebook/Whatsapp (although the phone is password protected) because the new message icon appears on the lockscreen.

How can I hide the icon from the lockscreen?

I want to see if I received new messages only after I unlock my phone.
    I think the question is valid for any type of phone

PS: I have several blackberry phones - including the ones with Android.

Thank you!
    Why does your husband not trust you? What have you done to cause this mistrust? Also, (assuming that you live together) what he is doing is not stalking by any definition of the law. It is simply checking up on a woman he doesn't trust.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-06-17 11:43 AM
    I just wanted to add a comment here, because I think a number of assumptions have been made. I'm not passing any judgement as I clearly don't know the full story and hearing only one side (and only a small piece of it).

Assumptions that seem to have been made:
    1) You are assuming that this is a female. It could be a same-sex marriage. I was thinking female as well, but just saying that it could be a man (and as Seinfeld says "not that there is anything wrong with it)
    2) You are assuming that the individual (the author) has not given the husband a reason to be concerned/jealous. I'm not suggesting that stalking is ever justified, but it is not really clear what the husband is doing. Everyone's tolerance is different, so perhaps a serious glance could constitute stalking.

Anyway, may be getting too serious for such a forum. Hope we all can get along.
    Tim-ANC and pizzawheel like this.
    01-06-17 11:59 AM
    This thread has gotten ridiculous. People riding the subway even glance over and look at what's going on in people's phones. Lay off this person's relationship and give blackberry help. No one has asked for relationship advice here. Sheesh! Next time post "how do I turn notifications off the locked screen" to avoid this type of imposition into your personal life.

All these self-righteous people who've never been curious about the happenings in someone's phone are probably lonely cyber - geeks with no one's phone nearby!
    01-06-17 12:18 PM
    This thread has gotten ridiculous.
    There have been posts deleted by mods already. Funny part is the OP signed on as a guest will probably never read the replies.
    01-07-17 01:26 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 04:59 AM