Have a bunch of separate files in mp3 from a hearing book, now these show up in the music player too, but actually I do not want them there, as I use the Audiobook player for those - any option to get them not showing and playing in the standard Music app?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    mkofsky likes this.
    10-04-15 08:27 AM
    Yes. But you'll need a PC and a USB cable.

Open notepad and File > Save As... change the file type to All files (*.*) and name it .nomedia. Save it somewhere you can easily find. Next, right click it, properties and enable Hidden (you'd probably want to enable being able to see hidden files on Windows Explorer prior to that).

Next, plug your device to the PC, either using Mass Storage Mode or BlackBerry Link to be able to browser the device's files. Move the .nomedia file into the folder you don't want Music to read.

Reboot, done.

Music player vs hearing books-nomedia.png

Can I have the link for this audiobook app you mentioned?
    10-04-15 10:25 AM
    I have a Mac, but link and blend work - mostly;-), but that should do it too, I guess.
    However, I cannot name filename ".nomedia", system doesn't "eat" it; you mean here just a file folder to be named, where to move the files in then - right?

well it's a german hearing book, but I can send you the link here:
    Eine Billion Dollar (ungekrzt) - Free Download

there are 309 smaller mp3 files in a sequence to listen, of course they are named correctly, so it makes sense.
    I was looking for a possibility to merge those files together to one, with correct sequence of course, but wasn't succeeding :-(

So how did you manage to name a filefolder ".nomedia" ???
    I somehow believe I had done this trick already once, like 10 years back on my Palm device

thanks for your help!
    10-04-15 11:40 AM
    hm ... just getting a bit more understanding of what you mean - which notepad are you using to write that file?
    10-04-15 11:46 AM
    I'm not a Mac user, but I believe you should have a "Terminal" application? This should bring you to a UNIX shell.

"pwd" to see which directory/folder you are in, "cd" followed by a directory path to go the directory where you want to create the file, then "touch .nomedia"
    10-04-15 05:15 PM
    hm ... just getting a bit more understanding of what you mean - which notepad are you using to write that file?
    Any text editor should do, I am using Window's Notepad (the most basic of basic note pad software since Windows 3.1).
    10-04-15 09:52 PM
    Any text editor should do, I am using Window's Notepad (the most basic of basic note pad software since Windows 3.1).
    Ah ok, so you doing the file on windows, thought it was done on BlackBerry...
    Have no wind anymore 'only' Mac
    Would it be possible to send me the file?
    pin:2BF6AEA1

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:53 AM
    I'm not a Mac user, but I believe you should have a "Terminal" application? This should bring you to a UNIX shell.

"pwd" to see which directory/folder you are in, "cd" followed by a directory path to go the directory where you want to create the file, then "touch .nomedia"
    Tku, I will try

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 12:00 PM
    Ah ok, so you doing the file on windows, thought it was done on BlackBerry...
    I told you to plug the device to the PC and move the file from the PC to the device, so no, not on the BB. Moreover, the file will not be visible on the BB filesystem using the BB10 OS, so another big no no for doing it in-device.

Have no wind anymore 'only' Mac
    Would it be possible to send me the file?
    Surely there are text editors on MAC Computers... But this really sounds like a solution.

Also, do not post your PIN. If you do, don't complain if you end up getting spam.
    10-05-15 04:08 PM
    Moreover, the file will not be visible on the BB filesystem using the BB10 OS, so another big no no for doing it in-device.
    I've got the feeling it won't be visible by default on the Mac either, but I'm sure he'll let us know.
    10-05-15 06:37 PM
    I've got the feeling it won't be visible by default on the Mac either, but I'm sure he'll let us know.
    Now that could be a problem...

FINE.... I'll upload the file...

nomedia.zip
    nimra and baarn like this.
    10-05-15 06:54 PM
    Genialisimo!!!

Just copied that file into the folder and that's it!!!

Thanks a lot, this wil make my music player again into a musik player!!!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-05-15 07:07 PM