The Music App is not working. It shows no music but I have many mp3 files in my Device and SD card. It used to show till two days ago. But now its not working.
    Music app error-img_20150628_043334.png
    Z3 running 10.3.1.1779 .

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:47 PM
    It could be your SD card. It might have failed. Remove the SD card and reboot. then re-insert. Give it time to scan the media.
    06-27-15 07:40 PM
    Ya I have the same problem. I am able to play music from the file manager but BlackBerry music says I have no media. Just happened after I updated.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 10:16 AM
    How long since you last booted your phone? Sometimes takes a few minutes before I can access my sd card after a restart...

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    07-25-15 10:36 AM
    I just did a few minutes ago. Still no dice on the music player picking up the songs that are there

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 10:39 AM
    Remove the card, reboot it, let it search, put the card back in and reboot again, did the trick on my old z10
    07-25-15 11:20 AM
    On my old q5 I had that problem. And it turned out to be an issue with the SD card.

Sometimes in the file manager the SD wouldn't show up. I tried a different one and never had any issues again

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 11:49 AM
    When this happens on the SD card, remove the card. Reboot your phone. Reinsert the card and give it time to scan.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    berbaboy9 likes this.
    07-25-15 01:24 PM
    I'm getting a similar issue. I have 2 songs in flac 2 format. 1 is seen in the file manager and Neutron.
    The native music app and a free app called Music Player doesn't pick it up.
    The other song is picked up by everything.
    I've tried renaming files, moving them to both SD and internal Flash, ensuring they are directly in music folder and not in sub folder, renaming subfolder,

I can play either from the file manager or the Neutron app.

It's worth noting that this occurs on a per album basis as well. If I put entire albums onto the z30, some entire albums are missing in the native music app.

This leads me to think it's to do with how albums were ripped but I can't find a real clue there to move any further.

Clues welcome

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:01 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with the issue. I wonder what they changed? Worked fine before the update.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:02 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with the issue. I wonder what they changed? Worked fine before the update.

Posted via CB10
    Which update? To what OS?
    07-27-15 03:13 PM
    I'm new to music on my z30. It's running 10.3.2.2168

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:36 PM
    I should also add that I had someone play the files successfully on the native android music player without issue. Whatever the issue is, it's related to specific apps not being able to recognize specific ripped music. I just can't find what the differences are in the files themselves.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 04:33 PM
    Which update? To what OS?
    The update from 10.3.1 to 10.3.2. Still not working after re inserting card.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 05:39 PM
    Alright I've probably spent way too much time on this but I've solved my problem.
    Specifically : why the native bb10 music app wasn't listing some flac files.

(skip to the solution if you don't want the nitty gritty)
    From examining the log file generated during the rips, I discovered the songs in question had ID3v2 tag.
    These are frames that are prepended to the tracks and include a bunch of info such as artist, album, genre and so on. EAC has the check box to include IDv3 by default but it shouldn't when creating flac files, as there is a flac tag for that purpose and that.
    Some players are picky about the file structure/info and extension used, some don't care, and others are more robust. (eg Neutron, native Google music player) .
    Anyway the native app in bb10.3 at least is picky and it must not recognize the file as music when scanning, even though it can play it when told to (i.e. When launched via file manager).

Sorry if this is long winded. I hope the above is mildly interesting. I recommend Wikipedia for more info.

Solution: download Mp3tag on your Pc, point it to the folder containing your music. Select only the flac files with ID3v2 tags, right click and choose "remove tag", then go to Edit menu and choose "undo".
    Mp3tag will correctly insert the information as a FLAC tag.

After doing the above and dragging music to my z30, the native player no longer had issues listing the music.

Cracked

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-28-15 09:51 AM
    Musicbrainz is nice program for tagging and installing album art to files.
    07-28-15 11:00 AM
    The thing that gets my gord is that the SD card was flawless before I upgraded to 10.3.2. Now nothing from the SD card will show up not only in music but pictures and videos also. File manager sees them

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 07:10 PM
    OK I'm gonna start with some simple stuff but bare with me.
    Are you certain the file manager is looking at the SD card and not internal flash?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 07:53 PM
    I can see both or which ever I choose in file manager. The music is on my SD card not internal. The music player will scan both internal and media card fine, but will not retrieve anything from the SD card. I am able to access and play my music on the SD card through file manager.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:28 PM
    OK. I understand that this is a problem in the music, video and pictures apps. None of these show anything, ever, since a 10.2 update.

Can you try turning off the phone, removing the card, turning on the phone and Re inserting the card.
    When prompted to save all media to SD say yes . Can u see anything then?
    Then take a few pictures. Can u see things now?
    Also in file manager do you see a thumbnail of the pictures or just names?

Also what type and size SD card do you have?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:37 PM
    I will try that for you tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions and following up.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:44 PM
    OK. I understand that this is a problem in the music, video and pictures apps. None of these show anything, ever, since a 10.2 update.

Can you try turning off the phone, removing the card, turning on the phone and Re inserting the card.
    When prompted to save all media to SD say yes . Can u see anything then?
    Then take a few pictures. Can u see things now?
    Also in file manager do you see a thumbnail of the pictures or just names?

Also what type and size SD card do you have?

Posted via CB10
    I was not prompted to save all media when the card was inserted, it just said card inserted. Pictures I take only visible in file manager as I save most to the card. The thumbnail in file manager just the picture icon, no preview, with the date.

The card is 32gb lexar class 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:30 PM
    Seems to be looping scanning for media card in the picture app.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 04:08 PM
    Have you ever copied things onto a computer, put the card back in your phone and format it, copy things back?
    07-30-15 04:23 PM
    Ah ok interesting. I agree with the suggestion. You can format the card from the phone.
    Drag and drop your stuff to a computer first.

Do you still have 10.2 or is it now 10.3.

The other suggestions I was going to make is to see if you could find an alternative SD card to try. Something that size should work but I've read countless articles about 10.2 and larger SD cards with issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 05:10 PM
28 12