After many many years with a BB, sadly I changed the phone to a Pixel. But I was delighted to be able to install the Blackberry hub on the Pixel. But one problem that ported from the Blackberry phone to the Pixel was duplicate entries in the inbox. On the BB, when I made a call, I got two entries in the inbox (even for calls that were not made from contacts). Now I get 7! Any ideas on how to stop this?
    02-21-21 04:35 AM
    After many many years with a BB, sadly I changed the phone to a Pixel. But I was delighted to be able to install the Blackberry hub on the Pixel. But one problem that ported from the Blackberry phone to the Pixel was duplicate entries in the inbox. On the BB, when I made a call, I got two entries in the inbox (even for calls that were not made from contacts). Now I get 7! Any ideas on how to stop this?
    Just cut the cord and go with a modern, actively-supported email client. The HUB is dying a slow and painful death.
    02-21-21 08:43 AM
    Didn't have this problem on Z10 (BB10) nor now on LG G7 (Android 10). Of course, no calls or texts show in my Hub anymore.

Did you install the BB Suite clean on your Pixel? If not, uninstall, restart phone, then reinstall. Only other idea would be to clear the cache.
    02-21-21 10:26 AM
    Didn't have this problem on Z10 (BB10) nor now on LG G7 (Android 10). Of course, no calls or texts show in my Hub anymore.

Did you install the BB Suite clean on your Pixel? If not, uninstall, restart phone, then reinstall. Only other idea would be to clear the cache.
    I believe the problem is the newer Pixels, my 3a for example, are running Android 11 now and something in the last OS update seems to have caused additional breakage.
    02-21-21 01:33 PM
    I believe the problem is the newer Pixels, my 3a for example, are running Android 11 now and something in the last OS update seems to have caused additional breakage.
    Ahhh..... Good to know since a Pixel will probably be my next phone, which, barring the unexpected, I figure won't be for another 2-3 years.
    02-21-21 01:50 PM
    Ahhh..... Good to know since a Pixel will probably be my next phone, which, barring the unexpected, I figure won't be for another 2-3 years.
    Unless you have the 6/128 model, I think you're only good 12-18 months at the usable max.

If you have the 6/128 model, it buys you the additional 12-18 months. Going forward, Android will go further but I don't believe pre-Android 10 devices, not built optimized for Android 10, have enough OS consistentcy between the OEM builds.

I hope I'm wrong for many, but I was LG Android user outside my BlackBerry devices for six years. I believe LG was too busy attempting differentiation which affects optimization. That's why I switched from the V30 to Pixel 3a instead of Velvet or Wing recently.
    02-21-21 02:39 PM
    Unless you have the 6/128 model, I think you're only good 12-18 months at the usable max.

If you have the 6/128 model, it buys you the additional 12-18 months. Going forward, Android will go further but I don't believe pre-Android 10 devices, not built optimized for Android 10, have enough OS consistentcy between the OEM builds.

I hope I'm wrong for many, but I was LG Android user outside my BlackBerry devices for six years. I believe LG was too busy attempting differentiation which affects optimization. That's why I switched from the V30 to Pixel 3a instead of Velvet or Wing recently.
    Nope.... 4/64

The reason I say probably Pixel is because I don't see another compelling LG device. Might look at Nokia when the time comes.
    02-21-21 03:22 PM
    Nope.... 4/64

The reason I say probably Pixel is because I don't see another compelling LG device. Might look at Nokia when the time comes.
    I'd just ride the G7 until you can't any more and then go Pixel "fill in blank per your budget" # and be done with it. After 12+ years, LG seems to be getting tired and lacking serious ideas. The Pixel is literally the Google Android iPhone answer from a proprietary control standpoint. We supported BlackBerry all these years for it controlling the OS experience. After watching the Google Android policies break licensed OEM features, not just from BlackBerry, I'll throw my support behind the IP owner.
    02-21-21 06:16 PM
    I'd just ride the G7 until you can't any more and then go Pixel "fill in blank per your budget" # and be done with it. After 12+ years, LG seems to be getting tired and lacking serious ideas. The Pixel is literally the Google Android iPhone answer from a proprietary control standpoint. We supported BlackBerry all these years for it controlling the OS experience. After watching the Google Android policies break licensed OEM features, not just from BlackBerry, I'll throw my support behind the IP owner.
    Yup. Pretty much my thinking.
    02-21-21 11:14 PM
    Clean install. how do I clear the cache
    02-22-21 04:25 AM
    Swipe up on the recent apps button to see the different boxes/frames representing each recent app that is not closed. Pan left or right to find the Hub/Inbox one. Tap the Hub/Inbox icon at the top of the box/frame that belongs to Hub/Inbox, then app info. Under Storage, there should be a Clear Cache option. Don't pick Clear Data. Or, find Hub/Inbox under apps, and do the same. Is that what you want to do?
    12-12-21 12:45 PM
    Have you found a solution to this problem? I have a similar problem with the call hub of my son. I installed a parental control app from familyorbit.com, and I can follow his calls on his phone. Whenever someone calls him, I get a notification on my mobile phone, and I can see with whom he was speaking. It is very helpful because we live in a dangerous time for kids, and I like to know with whom my child is speaking. I hate that the notifications I get are doubled, and I often get the same notification two times in a row.
    Last edited by Emberok13; 01-17-22 at 09:07 AM.
    01-12-22 03:27 PM