So when I got my Dtek50 I put a 64 gb sd card in it and formated it to the phone. But now after 8 months my internal memory is full and virtually nothing has been saved to the reserve memory. How do I move stuff to the sd card and have it keep saving things there. Thanks
    08-11-17 04:42 PM
    So when I got my Dtek50 I put a 64 gb sd card in it and formated it to the phone. But now after 8 months my internal memory is full and virtually nothing has been saved to the reserve memory. How do I move stuff to the sd card and have it keep saving things there. Thanks
    Use a file manager to move things from the internal memory to the SD card. If your memory is about full it will take some time. Go to the settings in the camera app and set to save pictures and videos to the SD card. It won't help what's already done, but it will work for everything from now on.
    08-11-17 07:24 PM
    Once you have your camera saving to your SD card you should be able to move your existing Internal Memory images from the DCIM folder there to the new one on your SD Card. That should free up some internal memory.

Use a file manager like Solid Explorer or ASUS File Manager. You can also put music, videos, etc., on your SD card.
    08-11-17 09:18 PM
    My sd card option is blacked out in the pictures settings. Yet when I look in storage settings it can clearly be seen.
    08-11-17 09:30 PM
    I use a picture viewer/browser/organizer called Piktures which recognizes my SD card, finds all my images and let's me organize them.
    08-11-17 09:43 PM
    Why would the sd card be blacked out though?
    08-12-17 10:17 AM
    Maybe because you initially formatted the sd card as adoptable storage?

Sent from my STH100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-14-17 06:16 AM
    Could be if you have the video quality set higher than your SD card might can support. Some cards can't read and write fast enough to handle the ultra high quality video.

Flicked via the  BlackBerry keyboard on my PRIV
    Last edited by axllebeer; 08-14-17 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Grammer
    08-14-17 06:47 AM
    Be careful I found moving stuff from internal storage to sd card is messed up, at least on my priv
    08-14-17 07:37 AM
    Okay thanks for the advice all. I figured it out more or less. Just in case anyone else ends up with the issue I'll post how I solved it. You have to go to the phone settings and the to the storage and USB tab. Then you have to go to the SD card itself and click on the three dot icon. This will give you the option to migrate stuff to the card and sort of bring it to life. The phone sort of moved some things over automatically and then I set it up to save photos there. I will take the advice I got here and back up all my photos the next chance I have just in case. Thanks!
    08-14-17 04:27 PM