Here is my problem. I have a blackberry Key2 silver.

sometimes i no longer get audible alerts. so i cycle the power down and things go back to normal.

well this morning i did that and when it powered back up i kept getting a repeating alert that i had voice mail. this is because the phone kept reconnecting to the cell signal and then losing a signal over and over again.

when i pulled my sim card out. no problem. phone is normal. and the battery is not draining due to the constant signal going in and out.

i put the sim back in. problem comes back.

i am a light user. ive only downloaded 5 additional apps outside of the factory apps. Netguard, confide, musicolet accubattery and Xodo.

i disabled netguard and powered it down . when power resumed the problem was still there.

i went to t-mobile store. and got brand new sim card. i swapped out the old sim for the new sim. same problem.

i am at a lost. this was very sudden. the phone had zero problems until this morning when this started.

any ideas ?
    10-16-19 03:07 PM
    Here is my problem. I have a blackberry Key2 silver.

sometimes i no longer get audible alerts. so i cycle the power down and things go back to normal.

well this morning i did that and when it powered back up i kept getting a repeating alert that i had voice mail. this is because the phone kept reconnecting to the cell signal and then losing a signal over and over again.

when i pulled my sim card out. no problem. phone is normal. and the battery is not draining due to the constant signal going in and out.

i put the sim back in. problem comes back.

i am a light user. ive only downloaded 5 additional apps outside of the factory apps. Netguard, confide, musicolet accubattery and Xodo.

i disabled netguard and powered it down . when power resumed the problem was still there.

i went to t-mobile store. and got brand new sim card. i swapped out the old sim for the new sim. same problem.

i am at a lost. this was very sudden. the phone had zero problems until this morning when this started.

any ideas ?
    Any chance you're on TMO?
    10-16-19 03:12 PM
    yes i am on tmobile
    10-16-19 03:14 PM
    yes i am on tmobile
    Ah. Well it is a well reported issue. TMO does not play nice with ACD175 - the Sep build.

The only solution is to use the Aug autoloader (ACB168).

https://mega.nz/#!tUhARALB!yryD80jQB...TFcF-m3AQ5K1iU

Either that, or hang on a few more days for the Oct build.
    Dreadsen likes this.
    10-16-19 04:03 PM
    Ah. Well it is a well reported issue. TMO does not play nice with ACD175 - the Sep build.

The only solution is to use the Aug autoloader (ACB168).

https://mega.nz/#!tUhARALB!yryD80jQB...TFcF-m3AQ5K1iU

Either that, or hang on a few more days for the Oct build.
    well im kind of relieved that i dont have to get another Key 2. i have insurance on the phone. but really didn't want to go through the hassle.

what is this autoloader ? and is there a new autoloader every month?
    10-16-19 04:17 PM
    well im kind of relieved that i dont have to get another Key 2. i have insurance on the phone. but really didn't want to go through the hassle.

what is this autoloader ? and is there a new autoloader every month?
    There is a new security patch that comes out every month over-the-air. Autoloaders are typically put together by community members to allow manual loading of the OS.
    10-16-19 04:21 PM
    There is a new security patch that comes out every month over-the-air. Autoloaders are typically put together by community members to allow manual loading of the OS.
    question will the security patch be accessible via Wifi? because i can not use my cellular data at all for any reason or i get stuck in that loop?

and is it possible for me to use the autoloader via my phone through a wifi connection? is there instructions on how to do this?
    10-16-19 05:12 PM
    question will the security patch be accessible via Wifi? because i can not use my cellular data at all for any reason or i get stuck in that loop?

and is it possible for me to use the autoloader via my phone through a wifi connection? is there instructions on how to do this?
    You get OTA updates over Wi-Fi, yes.

Autoloader is run from a PC. Download and unzip, put device in fastboot mode, plug in device, and run the autoloader.
    10-16-19 05:32 PM

Autoloader is run from a PC. Download and unzip, put device in fastboot mode, plug in device, and run the autoloader.
    Is there anything you don't know..................................Here is your new emoji
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile Signal goes off and turns back on every 2 seconds-s.jpg  
    10-16-19 05:43 PM

windows or is there a way to do it on linux?
    10-16-19 06:53 PM
    windows or is there a way to do it on linux?
    Just Windows .
    10-16-19 06:57 PM
    Just Windows .
    is there a tutorial on here on how to do it?
    10-16-19 07:02 PM
    is there a tutorial on here on how to do it?
    I just gave it to you above.
    10-16-19 07:12 PM
    I got a Sept update pending. KeyOne Black. are they effected too? TMO
    10-16-19 07:38 PM
    I got a Sept update pending. KeyOne Black. are they effected too? TMO
    No.

Besides, the only patch post-June available on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is for AT&T devices. Technically, it's not "black" either - it's "space black" with silver internals.
    10-16-19 07:51 PM
    any word on when the october build is going to be out?

and what are the risks i take by trying to use an autoloader? can i accidentally brick my phone?
    10-16-19 09:33 PM
    any word on when the october build is going to be out?

and what are the risks i take by trying to use an autoloader? can i accidentally brick my phone?
    No idea. Sometimes they even skip months.

You can't permanently damage your device with an autoloader, no.
    10-16-19 10:45 PM
    Does factory reset revert phone to stock firmware?
    10-16-19 11:52 PM
    Does factory reset revert phone to stock firmware?
    No. It just erases the user data.
    10-16-19 11:55 PM
    Mobile Signal goes off and turns back on every 2 seconds-blackberry-fastboot.png

this is the screen i get i selected option 3 from the fast boot screen. but on the autoloader screen on my pc it says this
    10-16-19 11:59 PM
    I'm always on the fence about doing updates! I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yet everyone updates for the perceived "security" patched benefits, yet nobody really knows.

Windows attracts the same mentality and with version 10 introduces the forced updates that cannot be stopped without a registry fix. So many healthcare companies for example get these forced updates at some of the worst timing, bc their IT department (or in some cases an IT person) is caught ill-prepared to address this Microsoft's imposing flaw of logic on everyone that uses their platforms.

The DoD doesn't experience this issue when it comes to their nuclear arsenal computer support systems. They still use 8" floppies.

For critical systems and communications, they are designed upgrade retardant. Make once, upgrade never.

Would a Punkt with kb and basic email and calendar function ever require updates? The more we open the phone tech the more prone they are to over-sighted intrusions.

Linux based phones that are rather more embedded in limit of function and software to just what is necessarily may demonstrate demand in certain sectors / industries where locked down and secure devices are more warranted.

If we can make a device with 32mb of working memory and 2gb of data storage and program source, and can make it do just enough to meet business and critical communication needs, then lets do it. We are getting spoiled and sluggish with the prevalence of virtually unlimited resources in a phone and that is making privacy exploits and intrusions a concern.
    10-17-19 12:07 AM
    I'm always on the fence about doing updates! I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yet everyone updates for the perceived "security" patched benefits, yet nobody really knows.

Windows attracts the same mentality and with version 10 introduces the forced updates that cannot be stopped without a registry fix. So many healthcare companies for example get these forced updates at some of the worst timing, bc their IT department (or in some cases an IT person) is caught ill-prepared to address this Microsoft's imposing flaw of logic on everyone that uses their platforms.

The DoD doesn't experience this issue when it comes to their nuclear arsenal computer support systems. They still use 8" floppies.

For critical systems and communications, they are designed upgrade retardant. Make once, upgrade never.

Would a Punkt with kb and basic email and calendar function ever require updates? The more we open the phone tech the more prone they are to over-sighted intrusions.

Linux based phones that are rather more embedded in limit of function and software to just what is necessarily may demonstrate demand in certain sectors / industries where locked down and secure devices are more warranted.

If we can make a device with 32mb of working memory and 2gb of data storage and program source, and can make it do just enough to meet business and critical communication needs, then lets do it. We are getting spoiled and sluggish with the prevalence of virtually unlimited resources in a phone and that is making privacy exploits and intrusions a concern.
    my phone currently does not ******* work. i can't make phone calls and i can NOT send or receive text messages. it's basically a Tablet. i started this discussion because my phone is having problems and i asked the question for the purpose of getting assistance in getting my problem resolved. im not interested in political or philosophical rants about phones or the department of defense. i need a working phone and can not have a key 2 that is useless until a new patch comes out.

read my problem again. this isn't an "if it aint broke dont fix it". **** is broken. it needs fixing.
    10-17-19 12:18 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-fastboot.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	446488

this is the screen i get i selected option 3 from the fast boot screen. but on the autoloader screen on my pc it says this
    On BBMe group you were pointed to a KeyOne solution yet your phone is a Key2...You using the right stuff?

Also you would need to be in fastboot /bootloader mode before running the autoloader.

Mobile Signal goes off and turns back on every 2 seconds-maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/b...fastboot-mode/
    10-17-19 12:21 AM
    On BBMe group you were pointed to a KeyOne solution yet your phone is a Key2...You using the right stuff?

Also you would need to be in fastboot /bootloader mode before running the autoloader.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	446489

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/b...fastboot-mode/
    now we are getting some where. my phone screen looks different from your screen when it's in fast boot. the screen i sent is from the desktop terminal window
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-17-19 12:32 AM
    Not sure how close you are to salvation, I found an extensive thread on autoloaders and on page three is the August update that conite introduced:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1174692/
    10-17-19 12:43 AM
62 123