I've just recently got a new Passport. I've had the previous issue of adding information, photos to my contacts but then some information appears missing from some contacts and the photo displays are gone after some time. And I end up adding those contacts photos and information back again. This process has seemed to occured with many of my previous Passports and I'd finally like to get some information to correct this issue. It would seem like maybe it has something to do with when I connect my Passports to my computer, establishing that USB connection, the USB Mass Storage/Charge Only Modes. Thanks.Missing Contact Display Photos & Information-contacts_b.jpgMissing Contact Display Photos & Information-contacts_a.jpg
    06-01-20 04:09 AM
    BB10 Contact app...... was a work in progress, that never really got all the issues worked out.
    06-01-20 11:09 AM
    So there was already built in issues from the start, so there won't be any solution to this issue then .... ??
    06-02-20 09:37 AM
    So there was already built in issues from the start, so there won't be any solution to this issue then .... ??
    BB10 was EOLd 12/31/2019 and Passport is 5 years old so where from, by who and why are you expecting a possible solution?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-20 01:51 PM
    You brought up "USB Mass storage", so I have to ask - where are the photos stored that you are using for your contact images?

Are they on an SD card?

If you set up your access to your SD card via mass storage mode, when you connect to a PC, the SD card is no longer read by the phone. So, if your contact images are on the card, and while connected to a PC, you happen to open Contacts, it loses access to those photos and might instantly clear it out.

Now, that's just a guess, really, because I had always thought any assigned image was stored in reduced scale with the contact in the phone's contact database. All the years I used my Z10, none of my contacts lost the assigned image. The resolution was reduced pretty quickly, but never lost.

If your contact images were pulled from the SD card, you could try copying them to internal memory and re-assigning from there.

If your images were in internal memory all along, then I don't know what's going on.
    06-02-20 02:41 PM