I have used my 8GB SanDisk for quite a few years with no problems and yesterday suddenly all the data was gone. I rebooted the device, also did hard reset with no luck. In file manager there is no media card showing. Plugged the card into another BlackBerry and it recognized that the card was inserted but it doesn't show in the file manager there either. It's not encrypted. Any ideas? PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    04-16-16 10:32 AM
    This has happened to me and quite a number of others in the past. I personally believe it to be a bug in OS10, but opinions may vary.
    If you need the data, then take the card out and try and recover it on a PC with appropriate software. Some folks on here recommend "Recuva", though I haven't tried it myself.

(Edit: though in my case the card still appeared correctly in the device, just virtually all files were gone.)
    04-16-16 10:49 AM
    It may be possibly a card issue and not a phone problem. Try to put another card in your phone and see if it works. Try reboot your BB.

Be a BlackBerry in a world full of Iphones and Androids Q10
    04-16-16 05:32 PM
    If you can try to put it in another device and retrieve the files, that'd be great. But a good option at the moment is to try and format it at Settings --> Storage and Access --> Format Media Card. You'd be surprised how much media card problems that might solve.

Just a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 01:49 AM
    Formatting it will wipe its data is that correct? I am not sure if there was important data on it or not, so really I'm *mostly interested in viewing the files if possible just to see what is on there.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    04-17-16 10:21 AM