Hey guys. So I just got an AT&T Priv online and used and unlock code to use it on T-Mobile. I've read some things online saying that I may not be able to update to Marshmallow since I've unlocked the device. Is that true? If so, what do I have to do to get the update? Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-16 05:08 PM
    Use an activated sim from at&t ,

but they haven't released MM from at&t yet
    05-10-16 05:27 PM
    I've read some things online saying that I may not be able to update to Marshmallow since I've unlocked the device. Is that true? If so, what do I have to do to get the update? Thanks!
    No, not true--your unlocking status has nothing to do with whether or not you're going to get the update. But to update to Marshmallow OTA, you are going to need an AT&T SIM card...and AT&T to approve its release, of course.

The other (non-OTA) option would be to install via an autoloader, but again, you're going to need the specific one for AT&T Privs.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-10-16 10:58 PM
    Will I have to do that even if I bought it off of Newegg?
    05-26-16 11:16 PM
    Att hasn't released it and isn't going to until August. I found this out yesterday. I was going to leave att for T-Mobile but t mobile told me they don't know anything about marshmallow because they just got lollipop in March. Here's the email from t-mobile. I actually received two emails, o e from John Legere . Here one from a worker about marshmallow and Lollipop

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails Marshmallow update on unlocked Priv-73217.jpg  
    05-27-16 06:42 AM
    Att hasn't released it and isn't going to until August. I found this out yesterday. I was going to leave att for T-Mobile but t mobile told me they don't know anything about marshmallow because they just got lollipop in March. Here's the email from t-mobile. I actually received two emails, o e from John Legere . Here one from a worker about marshmallow and Lollipop

Even if you switch to tmobile your att priv still have to wait for att update
    05-27-16 06:46 AM
    Don't you have an STV100-3?
    05-27-16 09:19 AM
    Hey Raino, clarify something for me: so with the Priv carriers are no longer delivering updates based on IMEI? Thanks
    05-27-16 09:27 AM
    Hey Raino, clarify something for me: so with the Priv carriers are no longer delivering updates based on IMEI? Thanks
    I read that only AT&T and T-Mobile Privs are "tied to the system." You need a SIM for an OTA update from the respective carrier whose phone you want to update. Same with autoloaders.

I don't know if the identification scheme is based on IMEI or some other hardware check, but I remember reading a thurask post where he said something about the AT&T Priv actually being formatted differently from the unlocked Priv.
    05-27-16 01:08 PM
    Even if you switch to tmobile your att priv still have to wait for att update
    I'd buy a T-mobile Priv of course

05-27-16 06:03 PM
    Don't you have an STV100-3?
    STV100-1

05-27-16 06:04 PM
    There might be some hope of getting OTA updates for those of us with unlocked AT&T branded PRIVs using a different network: http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000038204

Not holding my breath though, but I'm at least glad BlackBerry has acknowledged the situation.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-27-16 06:42 PM