My girlfriend wanted an iPhone 6 for her birthday, I saved some money and bought her a better phone, the Z10. She says I'll have to take it back if I can't get mapmyrun on it, she has an account and has over 2000 miles logged. Also has a social aspect to it with her runner friends...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:40 PM
    My girlfriend wanted an iPhone 6 for her birthday, I saved some money and bought her a better phone, the Z10. She says I'll have to take it back if I can't get mapmyrun on it, she has an account and has over 2000 miles logged. Also has a social aspect to it with her runner friends...

Posted via CB10
    First off, shame on you for not getting her what she wanted. These things rarely turn out well.

I have the Android version of mapmyrun installed on my phone but I never use it. I found CascaRun Pro to exceed anything I've seen out there so far and it's a native BlackBerry application. I believe you may be able to import her existing workouts into the program. You can send the Dev an email, he's excellent and very responsive.

P.S. It's debatable that a Z10 is better than an iPhone 6. I'm fairly certain my Z30 is, but it all depends on your point of view. Perhaps now that the Z10 has 10.3.1..
    02-26-15 01:59 PM
    Where did you find the APK file for mapmyrun? I've looked everywhere and can't find it, also I read somewhere that it is an issue with the maps... I just took your advice an emailed the developer, hopefully I'll hear back with good news.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:21 PM
    I just looked in Google Play (Via Snap3 beta) and it's there. I had forgotten how easy it is to sideload but getting Snap was a breeze using the Google Chrome BlackBerry extension method to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:16 PM
    Sorry it looks like it's now Google Play services dependent.. You may need "lucky patcher "

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:25 PM
    Thanks, no clue what you are talking about but I'll look into it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:55 PM
    First off, shame on you for not getting her what she wanted. These things rarely turn out well.

P.S. It's debatable that a Z10 is better than an iPhone 6. I'm fairly certain my Z30 is, but it all depends on your point of view. Perhaps now that the Z10 has 10.3.1..
    I strongly disagree with the shame on you part. Grow a pair dude! Congrats on thinking for yourself and trying to please her as well. Always giving her what she wants is a road paved with eventual heartache!

I do agree the Z30 and CascaRun is a much better choice though.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    02-27-15 12:56 AM