So I purchased a set of the magnetic charging cables just to try.

What I noticed with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a jittery display and deleting/aka swipe left with the magnet in the USB port. Take it out and the issue is gone.

I suspect the magnet affects the keyboard.?
    02-12-20 11:00 AM
    So I purchased a set of the magnetic charging cables just to try.

What I noticed with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a jittery display and deleting/aka swipe left with the magnet in the USB port. Take it out and the issue is gone.

I suspect the magnet affects the keyboard.?
    Settings > Display (scroll down to the bottom) > Smart Cover -> disable. Sounds like the cable's magnetic field is just strong enough to be detected by the phone's magnetic sensor and it's trying to put the phone in case mode. Sensor is midpoint on the body and an inch or so from the left.
    02-12-20 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it was off already.

The swipe left delete seems like it's actually affecting the Physical Keyboard Gestures.
    02-12-20 11:59 AM
    That is odd. Works on my K2 priv and passport without this issue.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-12-20 12:10 PM
    Settings > Display (scroll down to the bottom) > Smart Cover -> disable. Sounds like the cable's magnetic field is just strong enough to be detected by the phone's magnetic sensor and it's trying to put the phone in case mode. Sensor is midpoint on the body and an inch or so from the left.
    If you have a small magnet around maybe see if it does anything if you bring it in close.
    02-12-20 12:42 PM
    Poking around the interwebz it looks like the metal of the port inside the phone might be making contact with the metal frame underneath the motherboard. I can't find any photos that shows the underside of the port while it's in the phone though, I'm making an educated guess based on several photos.
    02-12-20 12:54 PM
    Poking around the interwebz it looks like the metal of the port inside the phone might be making contact with the metal frame underneath the motherboard. I can't find any photos that shows the underside of the port while it's in the phone though, I'm making an educated guess based on several photos.
    Thanks.

Hmmm long ago I replaced the display and keyboard, so something might have gone askew at that time. Although the plastic around the port looks fine from the outside.

Maybe I'll break it down and inspect around the port and make sure all the connector are on solid.
    02-12-20 01:49 PM
    Thanks.

Hmmm long ago I replaced the display and keyboard, so something might have gone askew at that time. Although the plastic around the port looks fine from the outside.

Maybe I'll break it down and inspect around the port and make sure all the connector are on solid.
    It's bare metal on the inside, and I can't see where the metal tabs on the port connect to the body or whether there's any other metal that might be a conductor.
    02-12-20 01:57 PM
    Update: I've concluded this has nothing to do with the magnetic charging cables.

I pulled the back off and checked connects for KB and Display et al.

Finally concluded it is sporadic and seems to be the area of the screen where the Back/Home/Open App bar.

On occasion the jittery screen just happens.
    04-16-20 11:23 AM
    So I turned off the Keyboard gestures and the problem went away.

Hmmm, maybe I need to replace the keyboard again?
    04-18-20 04:13 PM
    Yep, replacing the KB did the trick.
    mh1983 likes this.
    10-21-20 02:37 PM