Hello everybody

Here's a fun story with my Q10 (OS 10.3.2)

At first, i wanted to copy my local contacts to my gmail contacts.
    After a quick search on theses forums, i found out that BB10 doesn't have the feature "select all contact".
    Ok no problem, i started to select my contacts one by one.
    At a certain point, i touched by mistake "merge contacts" and BB10 started to merge the contacts (from letter A to I) without any pop up message like "Are you sure to merge all theses contacts ?"
    I closed contact app but it doesn't change anything, i ended up with 137 phone numbers merged inside one contact. (then i started to cry )

I have several ways to restore my contacts, some of them were already synced with my gmail account and i've got a rather recent backup with BB Link.

Here's my question : i know that i can't choose to restore only contact with BB link.
    My only choice is to restore : "Device settings, local contacts and calendars"
    How does it work please ? Is this a merging process with backup data and phone data ? Is this an overwriting process ?

I wouldn't like to lose some data by restoring my contacts.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Last edited by Go_rom; 11-01-17 at 05:41 AM.
    10-29-17 05:12 AM
    Hi again

I finally managed to get back my contacts.
    First, i made a partial backup with BB link (Devices settings, local contacts and calendar)
    Then i restore a recent backup but it didn't work with BB link for Mac OS but it was ok with the windows version.

Next step was to run an export of all my contacts on the sd card (VCF format) with the free native app Contacts ImEx and then i made another restore with the first backup.
    Final step, import contacts from the sd card with Contacts ImEx.

Next time i will be more careful with the select feature because i lost of time with that mistake...
    11-01-17 05:39 AM