Just before Christmas, I was lucky enough to see Paul McCartney in concert. In May 2018, I also got to see the Rolling Stones and a week later, Bryan Adams. All in London. And all were excellent shows. But trying to take photos with my BlackBerry Priv wasn't a pleasant experience. I wasn't too far away, but all my phone would see is a white blob with a black surround. In other words, 4x zoom isn't enough.

Criteria:
    6x zoom or better
    OS = Android, as iPhone doesn't support sd card

So, if I were to replace my phone in the next week given the criteria above, what would you recommend?

(Edit: subscribe to notifications selected)
    01-07-19 04:43 PM
    I was actually going to suggest the Priv. I find it does an impressive job leveraging its 18mp camera and OIS to making some really crisp digital zoom shots.

The simplest solution is to buy one of those telephoto optical clip on lenses which would work nicely coupled with the digital zoom on the Priv.
    01-07-19 05:24 PM
    Hmmm - I have been taking pictures using a real camera for a long time.
    I once bought one of those lenses that you screw into the filter ring of a regular lense. It was a complete disaster. Yes, it gave me more telephoto, but at a cost of TERRIBLE sharpness. It really was a waste of time.

So, I'm very skeptical about the value of these clip-on lenses for your phone.

There was a phone with a 41 mp camera advertized a while back but it may have been a Windows phone.
    The P20 is supposed to have a good camera, but seriously what I think that you want is a REAL CAMERA.
    01-07-19 05:50 PM
    if my memory serve me right, there are japanese phone actually based on camera design (phone is secondary function... for transmit photos...). However, you might have to go to Tokyo to get it. As other chaps already point out, high pixel counts camera might be better (but at night - like concert, low light didn't help - some just use 4 pixel signal to display one on screen, your resolution still poor. If you get one of those clip on lens, unless it is design properly - fit perfect and optical path consider the handsets coating sequence for example, otherwise, you got problem - each added interface between your camera/clip on lens, could result optical lost as much as 7% or more). So basically, shortage of going to Japan, you might out of luck. - If I were you, get a go-pro (if the concert org allow you to bring it in).
    01-07-19 07:57 PM