Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster. I have had every iPhone since the 3GS. Before that I was all BB. I'm currently using the 7plus, but just bought a bob classic because it was a really good deal. It is hard to justify switching my daily driver to the BB since iPhone can do everything, plus I watch a lot of Netflix, YouTube, and amazon video on it. I love the big form factor though and really want to make it work. Any suggestions on how to do that? Ideally I would love just to sell the iPhone and go old school bb every day.
    07-20-17 11:37 AM
    Android not an option? KeyOne has a nice big screen for your multimedia needs. If you want to stick with BB10, search the forums for Cobalts tools. You'll be able to install Netflix, Hulu, etc.
    07-20-17 12:03 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Just went to classic from android and I love it! Just want everything to run smooth and it has not been. It's this simple issues that make me miss my android. But I would love to throw that BS in the garbage. Lol any help would be great

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 12:12 PM
    Android is, but I was never a big fan of them. Just love the feel of the bb classic
    07-20-17 12:18 PM
    Agreed.....

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 06:23 PM
    I also have been a long time iPhone user, from 3 to now with the 6s Plus. Always struggled with using it as a consumer of apps and media versus a phone. I've never been happy with it as a communication device. But also have never been a fan of Google. So recently and more for fun I picked up a used PP SE for a very good price on EBay (about $180 US including dock, car charger and an SD card and Blackberry cover). My playing around with it has me seriously thinking about switching over to it for more daily use and swapping the iPhone for just my iPad as necessary.

I've been able to get the few Android apks I need for some functions I couldn't live without (home alarm system and smart plugs and Skype). Otherwise all native apps (paid a few $ to support those keeping them up to date) and all seems enough for now to run nicely. Really love the keyboard and speakerphone/call quality. The HUb vs the iOS notification system is a great improvement. With the exception of the browser, much of the stock BB 10 apps are better than the iOS ewuivalents in my opinion.

I know things will continue to degrade over time - and I do miss a few nice iOS features but all in all it works even if it takes a bit of creativity.

Will also read and post on my experiences here if anything new comes up.
    Blu44 likes this.
    07-20-17 08:44 PM
    Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster. I have had every iPhone since the 3GS. Before that I was all BB. I'm currently using the 7plus, but just bought a bob classic because it was a really good deal. It is hard to justify switching my daily driver to the BB since iPhone can do everything, plus I watch a lot of Netflix, YouTube, and amazon video on it. I love the big form factor though and really want to make it work. Any suggestions on how to do that? Ideally I would love just to sell the iPhone and go old school bb every day.
    My 2 cents: Stick with the iPhone. You are NEVER going to get any device to play those apps any better than your 7plus. Not even worth the effort.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    07-20-17 10:57 PM
    My 2 cents: Stick with the iPhone. You are NEVER going to get any device to play those apps any better than your 7plus. Not even worth the effort.
    ^^This.
    07-21-17 07:20 AM