I am new to blackberry OS 10 and I have surfed and explored CB in the past few days..
    Can someone tell me what is 'snap' blackberry beta zone etc. How can I get these things on my z10
    Why is all this so complicated to understand?.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 11:26 AM
    BlackBerry has android runtime support which is different than having full android OS. To use play store apps an app called 'snap' is made where there will be collection of APK's in one place. Don't know which works well on BlackBerry from snap but you can try those apk's.
    You can install cobalt's Google play store. It is the real Google play store but it lags a bit otherwise it is very good.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-24-15 11:32 AM
    SNAP is an "outlaw" (thus not able to be in BlackBerry World) app that basically provides a Google App Store experience. You will need to sideload it onto you BlackBerry http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...device-821005/ and then you can logon using your Google ID and download Android Apps from Google Play. Not all apps will work, but most do.

If there are other Android Apps that you need and they are not already ported to BlackBerry World or they aren't in the Amazon Store... SNAP is a good way to get those apps without using some other 3rd party app store.

But I do think that the developer of SNAP should give up on native and just create a Andorid App that could be downloaded and installed without the additional steps.
    02-24-15 11:37 AM