So yes I have a blackberry keyone and lemme tell you, its my favorite phone ive ever owned. I also have an older blackberry i use for simpler tasks such as music, internet radio, and writing documents. That older one runs os6. I recently got back into Irc chat after hearing about the irc chat group gotham irc and I want to find a working client thatll work for my unit. Here are the results I came up with

Chatmosphere-I still havent found an archive of the app but apparently it does all the functionality i need. The only problem is it was shareware at the time and the original owner has not posted the files or source code as of the app being classified as abandonware.

M-irc-Apparently has several errors and from one person who commented on a board. Main qualm is its issue with wifi functionality. Again I havent tested it yet but from the comments thats the results i am aware of

UltraIRC-Like Chatmosphere the link is down and there is no archive link I have found for the app. If anyone can find anything on it thatd be great.

Anyways any help with this would be awesome not only for my sake but for preservation of abandonware's sake and just for the hell of having some fun with old apps. If anyone knows of any clients I have not listed above I would love to be aware of them. Thanks and regards,
    Thomas
    10-25-19 07:55 AM
    So yes I have a blackberry keyone and lemme tell you, its my favorite phone ive ever owned. I also have an older blackberry i use for simpler tasks such as music, internet radio, and writing documents. That older one runs os6. I recently got back into Irc chat after hearing about the irc chat group gotham irc and I want to find a working client thatll work for my unit. Here are the results I came up with

Chatmosphere-I still havent found an archive of the app but apparently it does all the functionality i need. The only problem is it was shareware at the time and the original owner has not posted the files or source code as of the app being classified as abandonware.

M-irc-Apparently has several errors and from one person who commented on a board. Main qualm is its issue with wifi functionality. Again I havent tested it yet but from the comments thats the results i am aware of

UltraIRC-Like Chatmosphere the link is down and there is no archive link I have found for the app. If anyone can find anything on it thatd be great.

Anyways any help with this would be awesome not only for my sake but for preservation of abandonware's sake and just for the hell of having some fun with old apps. If anyone knows of any clients I have not listed above I would love to be aware of them. Thanks and regards,
    Thomas
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!! Post early and post often....

Search the BBOS threads
    10-31-19 10:35 PM
    Okay, thanks
    11-04-19 09:02 AM