Is it possible to install LineageOS on a BB Motion?

Thanks
    01-18-21 10:38 AM
    Is it possible to install LineageOS on a BB Motion?

Thanks
    No.

You can't unlock the bootloader. Only a signed OS from BlackBerry will install.
    01-18-21 10:46 AM
    Thanks!
    01-18-21 11:01 AM
    If interested in LineageOS... they do have a Device list https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

But it's best to really dig into what devices are best supported, as being on the compatibility list doesn't mean it going to work 100%.

What I think would be great for OM to do with their new phone... is not lock the bootrom. That way if they do go away in two years, maybe a community of users could keep the phones updated with a custom ROM - ASOP or something like LineageOS.
    01-18-21 11:46 AM
    If interested in LineageOS... they do have a Device list https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

But it's best to really dig into what devices are best supported, as being on the compatibility list doesn't mean it going to work 100%.

What I think would be great for OM to do with their new phone... is not lock the bootrom. That way if they do go away in two years, maybe a community of users could keep the phones updated with a custom ROM - ASOP or something like LineageOS.
    Make it like Knox. If you choose to root, the phone will blow a fuse and will be identifiable as no longer secure.
    01-18-21 11:56 AM