I have bought a new BB Classic at the Rogers store less than a year ago. The battery doesn't hold the power for more than 2 hours. BB tells me to see the store, Rogers tells me BB warrants it. I don't think you can even change the battery. Any suggestions?
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-11-17 04:11 PM
    You can go back and forth with Rogers and Blackberry and have to ship it somewhere (and pay for it) and then wait for it and so on.
    For a simple fix as yours, you're better off taking it to any local Cell Phone repair shop and having them replace the battery.
    furycoach likes this.
    05-11-17 05:33 PM
    I have bought a new BB Classic at the Rogers store less than a year ago. The battery doesn't hold the power for more than 2 hours. BB tells me to see the store, Rogers tells me BB warrants it. I don't think you can even change the battery. Any suggestions?
    Hello
    Here is a link where you can a Classic battery.
    Good luck
    https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...0-battery.html

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-12-17 10:08 AM
    Thank you, I think you're right. What a bs though. After nearly 30 years I don't think I will buy another BB product. P.s. I have also noticed that the phone is getting very warm.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-15-17 12:22 PM
    Thank you, I think you're right. What a bs though. After nearly 30 years I don't think I will buy another BB product. P.s. I have also noticed that the phone is getting very warm.
    It's not uncommon for the battery to get warm. Some Android apps need more power or when you have a few apps running at the same
    time, that will put a strain on the battery.
    You should turn off "run in background" on all apps. ( settings > App Manager) It's really of no use except to allow the app to communicate with other apps, collect data from your device and "phone home" allowing "home" to use that data to (and I love this..) to allow the user to have a more personal experience!
    05-15-17 12:39 PM
    Again thank you. I have checked and only one app was running in the background. I turned it off. I believe there is something wrong with the phone. At 9 am it wa fully charged. Received one call lasted 1 min. Now its 3 o'clock and the battery is down to 30%! Neither BB or Rogers honour the warranty, so I guess I need to do something that will put them in the limelight a bit, like writing to the newspaper.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    05-15-17 03:08 PM
    It's NOT the phone. It's the battery!
    Did you personally go into a Rogers store with this issue? If not, Do that before you do anything else. If you tell them it's the device, then
    they have to honor the warranty. The battery is no longer covered in your case. If you go in, don't bother with a rep. Deal directly with a manager. (be polite and smile and don't complain) I'm not saying you would!!
    Just tell them what the problem is and how you'd like it resolved. You feel the device is faulty and so on!

Don't bother with the negative stuff. It'll only drag you down more. I know you're frustrated but keep a positive attitude. The people you have to deal with hear almost nothing but negativity all day long with people that act as if it's the reps fault. They'll respond to a positive attitude
    happily. If you're talking to a rep on the phone, once they say they can't do anything, thank them for their help and then ask to speak with their supervisor. If they can't help, ask to speak to THEIR supervisor and so on. I usually just ask to speak to the CEO's spouse.. the one that makes the decisions. And, take notes. Write down the name of each rep. and the time.
    I got my Passport free of charge after I found a loophole in the contract. Took me 6 reps and 3 1/2 hours.
    05-15-17 09:03 PM