At this point, I'm considering getting an interim mid-range Android phone (migrating from Z10) until Blackberry releases a new slab phone.

I need the LED notification though. Any solutions or hacks on Android I can try to get a somewhat decent LED notification system? I'm considering the Nokia 7.1 or the Moto G7 phones.

Any advice is appreciated.
    06-19-19 01:43 PM
    At this point, I'm considering getting an interim mid-range Android phone (migrating from Z10) until Blackberry releases a new slab phone.

I need the LED notification though. Any solutions or hacks on Android I can try to get a somewhat decent LED notification system? I'm considering the Nokia 7.1 or the Moto G7 phones.

Any advice is appreciated.
    I haven't found a decent LED (BB10 quality) notification system for my android phone. Used Light Manager 2 for awhile but doesn't work the way I want it to. This topic has been discussed here on multiple other threads and you WILL be disappointed imo.
    06-19-19 02:13 PM
    On my Samsung S8 + keyboard cover I use Light Flow Legacy and it's pretty decent, but unfortunately the colors don't rotate.
    It's still far far better than Samsung's default blinking.
    06-19-19 07:16 PM
    Light Manager and Light Flow... I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the replies!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 10:24 AM
    There is no way I know of to recreate the BB10 LED behavior, where the colors rotate constantly, displaying the appropriate color for all accounts with recent messages.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-20-19 10:30 AM
    There is no way I know of to recreate the BB10 LED behavior, where the colors rotate constantly, displaying the appropriate color for all accounts with recent messages.

Exactly, hence my disappointment and probably the OP's as well. I paid for the Pro version of Light Manager and don't even use it anymore. Uninstalled it.
    06-20-19 10:34 AM
    Light Manager and Light Flow... I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the replies!

Posted via CB10
    I use Light Flow Legacy on my S8 for the simple reason that the regular Light Flow forces you to have the permanent notification on at all times which is really annoying.
    06-20-19 11:00 AM
    I tried Light Flow back when I first got the S8, but wasn't happy with it. I ended up sticking with the default setup.

Plus, it took me a while to realize that the LED doesn't flash while the screen is on.

I really only use the LED for email and texts, and colors can be set in the BlackBerry Hub (green for work, and blue for home), and using Textra (orange).
    06-20-19 11:10 AM
    We've been spoiled by the productivity and the smart & efficient UI flows of BlackBerry devices.

Is it too much to ask (from the other OS's) to give me some sort of a blinking light to announce that someone from the world just sent me a message?? Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-19 11:13 AM
    We've been spoiled by the productivity and the smart & efficient UI flows of BlackBerry devices.

Is it too much to ask (from the other OS's) to give me some sort of a blinking light to announce that someone from the world just sent me a message?? Ugh!

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that neither Apple or Google consider that to be their problem. They build platforms for their business model, which is about downloading and streaming apps and content from their stores. They are HAPPIER if we have to try 10-15 different apps to cobble together a crap solution for something that was easy and intuitive in BB10 because they get paid for collecting our data and buying and installing apps.

So, unfortunately, in the current environment, it IS too much to ask.

06-20-19 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    You mean the rotating colors?

Yeah, seems like that's too much to ask.

As far as the LED itself, seems like most OEM's are abandoning it.

I don't know of a single slab launched in 2019 that has one.
    06-20-19 11:55 AM
    The problem is that neither Apple or Google consider that to be their problem. They build platforms for their business model, which is about downloading and streaming apps and content from their stores. They are HAPPIER if we have to try 10-15 different apps to cobble together a crap solution for something that was easy and intuitive in BB10 because they get paid for collecting our data and buying and installing apps.

So, unfortunately, in the current environment, it IS too much to ask.

Yeah, I literally spent hours and hours of time trying different apps, purchased a few, tried different combinations etc etc. What a waste of time.
    06-20-19 11:58 AM
    Yeah, I literally spent hours and hours of time trying different apps, purchased a few, tried different combinations etc etc. What a waste of time.
    What device did you try them on?

I found that on the KEY Berry's, the stock implementation is acceptable enough to not need to mess with it.

But on something like a Samsung? Light Flow Legacy is a must have.
    06-20-19 12:02 PM
    What device did you try them on?

I found that on the KEY Berry's, the stock implementation is acceptable enough to not need to mess with it.

But on something like a Samsung? Light Flow Legacy is a must have.
    Without color rotation, the KEYone is only useful for people who either have a single account in the Hub or who don't need to distinguish between unread messages in multiple accounts. In my case, my personal email account receives 3x the volume of my other accounts combined, son the gimped Android LED almost always displays that color, even though I don't care about that account during working hours. It's actually worse than useless because it distorts reality.

06-20-19 03:15 PM
    Without color rotation, the KEYone is only useful for people who either have a single account in the Hub or who don't need to distinguish between unread messages in multiple accounts. In my case, my personal email account receives 3x the volume of my other accounts combined, son the gimped Android LED almost always displays that color, even though I don't care about that account during working hours. It's actually worse than useless because it distorts reality.

I guess you could try disabling the LED for that account then?
    06-20-19 03:17 PM
    I guess you could try disabling the LED for that account then?
    Sure, but then I'm left constantly toggling the settings for whichever account is relevant at a given point in time. It's bad enough that we don't have customizable notification profiles anymore. I'm not going to waste time trying to make my Android phone behave intelligently, when it clearly wasn't designed to do it in the first place. It's a waste of my time and it will cause confusion if I'm not 100% consistent.

I have 8 customized notification profiles on my Z10, and it's dead easy to switch from context to context with 100% confidence that all notifications will work as expected for my current situation.

06-20-19 03:41 PM
    Sure, but then I'm left constantly toggling the settings for whichever account is relevant at a given point in time. It's bad enough that we don't have customizable notification profiles anymore. I'm not going to waste time trying to make my Android phone behave intelligently, when it clearly wasn't designed to do it in the first place. It's a waste of my time and it will cause confusion if I'm not 100% consistent.

I have 8 customized notification profiles on my Z10, and it's dead easy to switch from context to context with 100% confidence that all notifications will work as expected for my current situation.

For your use case (having 8 notification profiles!) it seems like you'll never get what you want with Android.
    But man if I were you I would have ditched that Z10 for a Cobalt blue Classic ages ago!
    If I'm gonna ride a dead OS (even for work purposes), might as well do it with the best and nicest hardware for that OS.
    06-20-19 04:23 PM
    For your use case (having 8 notification profiles!) it seems like you'll never get what you want with Android.
    But man if I were you I would have ditched that Z10 for a Cobalt blue Classic ages ago!
    If I'm gonna ride a dead OS (even for work purposes), might as well do it with the best and nicest hardware for that OS.
    I agree the Cobalt Blue is the best looking BlackBerry10 Phone, with the Red Passport the other iconic one, but the Z10 is the best BB10 phone for me.

06-20-19 05:56 PM
    Excuse my lack of understanding of Android, but in general how is the out-of-the-box notification system setup?

Does installing the BlackBerry Hub and Suite of applications on Android makes the notification system better?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-19 01:51 AM