Ffs, BlackBerry.

I just finished posting a little earlier already... Quick recap: accidentally dropped tonight >> injured screen (not cracked, but remains dark) >> screen replacement ordered.

To begin with, when I first plugged it in post-injury, if you tried to hold down the power button it would flash its white light rapidly (but not turn on).

Once it finally felt like it, it turned on again. So I left it plugged in, then at some point had to unplug for mere seconds- it died. And went back to rapidly flashing its white light of anger.

Just left it plugged in...took longer this time, but eventually turns back on. Had to move it one last time (change outlets). Unplugged for *literally* less than 2 seconds. Bam, dead.

Now, just to f*** with my head, BB is doing its rapid flashy thing (when holding down power button)...but this time, the light is red.

Red like demons.

The only damage I can actually see is just a teeny tear in the ribbon cable- maybe 1mm... Is there some logical reason why damaged screen would be affecting battery?

(Aside from DEMONS...)
    07-30-21 06:55 PM
    Ffs, BlackBerry.

I just finished posting a little earlier already... Quick recap: accidentally dropped tonight >> injured screen (not cracked, but remains dark) >> screen replacement ordered.

To begin with, when I first plugged it in post-injury, if you tried to hold down the power button it would flash its white light rapidly (but not turn on).

Once it finally felt like it, it turned on again. So I left it plugged in, then at some point had to unplug for mere seconds- it died. And went back to rapidly flashing its white light of anger.

Just left it plugged in...took longer this time, but eventually turns back on. Had to move it one last time (change outlets). Unplugged for *literally* less than 2 seconds. Bam, dead.

Now, just to f*** with my head, BB is doing its rapid flashy thing (when holding down power button)...but this time, the light is red.

Red like demons.

The only damage I can actually see is just a teeny tear in the ribbon cable- maybe 1mm... Is there some logical reason why damaged screen would be affecting battery?

(Aside from DEMONS...)
    The only logical explanation for this is that the battery connector got dislodged from the impact of hitting the floor.
    There are teardown videos on YouTube for the KeyOne, use one of those to carefully remove the back and check the battery connector.
    07-30-21 09:47 PM
    I should add that I've heard it's nearly impossible to remove the back from the KeyOne without breaking the tabs that help hold it in place, so prepare to order a replacement or glue it back on afterwards.
    07-30-21 09:49 PM