Have any Key-One users recently developed problems with mobil data access? I've had an unlocked Key-One (purchased from Best Buy) for about nine months (switched from a Z10). I recently began losing access to mobil data (I have an old unlimited data plan).

I first noticed a problem in sending text messages with photo attachments. Would get stuck "sending" and eventually time out with an error message indicating the message was not sent. I'd try resending the message numerous times and ended up with the same results. I contacted VZW customer service numerous times and spent lots of time on the phone with customer service and been transferred to tech support. They eventually remedied my issues which then eventually returned

More recently, I noticed mobile apps (map, BBM and browser apps) stopped working when disconnected from wi-fi. I've tried soft and hard resets of the device. I've also accessed the "test" menu functions and tried trouble shooting the problems without success. I've reset the network settings to default, using the device settings menu (wireless & networks menu). All without success.

I'm trying to determine whether I have a defective device? Or a software issue? Or if my wireless carrier is merely trying to target my unlimited data plan?

Any assistance is sincerely appreciated.
    NV
    02-08-18 07:39 AM
    Is there an advantage to the "old" unlimited plan vs the new unlimited plan?

If you have done a Factory Reset that would rule out a software issue (do one without restoring data), next I'd call Verizon and see if you can get any help or try your SIM in another phone temporarily. After that you'll know if it's hardware.
    02-08-18 07:56 AM
    Hi! And, to answer your first question. Yes, OLD Unlimited Not subject to being throttled back. Versus, new unlimited plans are subject to "throttling" at carrier discretion. They keep trying to get me to switch to new unlimited plan (BB user since 2009) (raised old plan cost by $20 monthly, last year). Sorry, too bad!

I have NOT done a "Factory Reset" yet because it will wipe out everything on the device. That has been their most recent solution, besides "maybe switch to an iPhone." I'm trying to avoid the factory reset option and use that only after exhausting all other possible remedies? I've tried pointing out to carrier tech support that my choice of OS and device (We don't support your device) should not present an insurmountable task, in providing mobil data access? Not using an obscure device or operating system? Thanks for your response and suggestions. I'll try to apply them when possible.
    02-08-18 08:25 AM
    Thank you again for your help! I spent a significant amount of time, on the phone with customer support, this past week. I tried to employ all of their recommendations up to a factory reset. None of these remedied my issue. I discovered that my device developed a defective APN issue. Possibly after the most recent software update?

Today I finally took my device in to a VZW store. The sales associated replaced the original SIM with a replacement. Apparently the replacement has updated information which remedied my issue. So far everything is working OK. Please let me know if you have any questions that I can help with.
    02-10-18 09:46 PM