My dad just got the new Keyone and he loves it except whenever he tries to place a call, when he selects a phone number that was texted or emailed to him, it freezes and crashes the whole phone. He has to wait for it to shut down and then reboot. I've seen some others with the same problem but don't know if Blackberry is doing anything to fix it. Also it is very hard to get a hold of proper tech support with them.
    06-14-17 03:13 PM
    What firmware/OS is it on currently?
    06-14-17 03:22 PM
    Similar problem here, overtime i'm quickly switching from text to phone or from call to call it freezes and/or crashes. Android version 7.1.1
    What firmware/OS is it on currently?
    06-14-17 05:14 PM
    Android version 7.1.1
    Sorry, meant Build Number, go to Settings>About phone. Then at the bottom, look for Build Number.
    06-14-17 05:17 PM
    build number AAL093
    Sorry, meant Build Number, go to Settings>About phone. Then at the bottom, look for Build Number.
    06-14-17 05:36 PM
    build number AAL093
    Find the "Updates" icon and check for any available updates. You should have AAL964 available to you, assuming your device is factory unlocked, which has fixes for the phone app in it.
    06-14-17 08:00 PM
    Same problem and situation here, from die hard BB fan. Got the new Keyone and loved the phone in many ways. Exact same crash problem, and I run a business from the phone. The phone store that I have dealt with for many years, doa'ed the first phone and gave me a new ones. Same crash problem within half hour of leaving the store. Went back, and they did all the tricks they knew. Same. Finally found the KeyOne service help line which is 1 855 223 4034, and the first guy was very helpful. We did something in "settings" which didn't work. Got a case number and called back. We wiped the phone and did a "master" re-set, and didn't load any outside apps like Twitter or Instagram. Still the same. Called back and the guy on the phone said he never heard of this problem, and I told him to just google the problem and he will get a bunch of threads like this, but he had the attitude that it couldn't be the phone. Told him I was ready to go the darkside (apple) and he said OK.
    Got my Classic back for the mean time, which seems like a caveman phone compared to the Key One but at least it works.
    06-14-17 09:30 PM
    Find the "Updates" icon and check for any available updates. You should have AAL964 available to you, assuming your device is factory unlocked, which has fixes for the phone app in it.
    06-14-17 09:54 PM
    Just checked the updates shows up to date and still showing the build number for AAL093, any suggestions? Thinking i'll stick it out until next update and see if that fixes it
    06-14-17 09:55 PM
    Just checked the updates shows up to date and still showing the build number for AAL093, any suggestions? Thinking i'll stick it out until next update and see if that fixes it
    Apparently to update the keyone you need to go into the app drawer and look for the 'update' icon.
    06-15-17 05:03 AM
    checked that as well...unfortunately it says it's up to date but the build is still showing AAL093
    Apparently to update the keyone you need to go into the app drawer and look for the 'update' icon.
    06-15-17 09:01 AM