My wifes phone went for a brief swim a few days ago. It had already been suffering from screen coming out and a bit of delamination. after some time in a bag of rice it calmed down and seemed fine except the screen didn't respond to touch any more. ok. i bring in a replacement and swap it out. procedure goes fine, display works. touch still not functioning. where do i go from here?
    06-20-19 06:26 AM
    My wifes phone went for a brief swim a few days ago. It had already been suffering from screen coming out and a bit of delamination. after some time in a bag of rice it calmed down and seemed fine except the screen didn't respond to touch any more. ok. i bring in a replacement and swap it out. procedure goes fine, display works. touch still not functioning. where do i go from here?
    The screen module that you replaced....did it also come with the digitizer? (I believe that's what it is called...that is the component that allows screen input). Often the two are sold separately.
    06-20-19 08:46 AM
    From what I've see it should be a single unit and a single ribbon connection. You might want to check the connection and make sure there was no corrosion... wipe it clear with some alcohol or electronics cleaner.

And sadly I've see a lot of reviews on replacement screens where they didn't work.... either bad quality, or like you there simply might be other issues with your phone. Water and electronics don't mix well...
    06-20-19 09:09 AM