My phone keeps locking while typing then finger print will not work without entering pin. Been going on for three or four days. Have tried 32 second reboot three times. No change.
    12-03-17 05:43 AM
    My phone keeps locking while typing then finger print will not work without entering pin. Been going on for three or four days. Have tried 32 second reboot three times. No change.
    Did you install any new apps?

Could be a loose connection? While the phone is on, slap it into your other hand with some force (to shake it up) and see if that cause a reboot.
    12-03-17 11:08 AM
    What time frame do you have it set to lock after screen time out. And once it locks, you do need to enter a pin after Unlocking with finger print. Thats by design.
    12-03-17 11:15 AM
    No reboot with shake. Have noticed the backing has separated a bit and can't get it to go back on.
    12-07-17 06:18 AM
    I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?
    01-10-18 11:49 AM
    I'm still having the same problem. When I notice it start to happen I hold power button for three reboots seems to last for a day or two. Very frustrating and annoying.
    Anthony Trimble likes this.
    01-11-18 05:54 AM
    Bummer. Yes, it is super annoying >:/
    01-11-18 09:58 AM
    I just bought one from Ebay, and its doing the same thing.... Have you guys had yours for a long time and it just now started doing it? or is your guys' phones new as well?
    01-12-18 04:26 PM
    I bought mine from ebay and the same exact thing is happening to me as well..... It also removes my background?

Curious if you have had the phone for awhile and this is a new bug (maybe caused by an update) or if your phones are new as well
    01-12-18 04:28 PM
    I have only had my phone for about a week. It happens to me a lot. This is very disappointing.
    01-13-18 10:56 AM
    Had my phone for few months. Started two updates ago.
    01-14-18 07:29 AM
    I think it may be due to signal strength. Are you guys in spotty areas too. I am.
    01-14-18 07:30 AM
    Yes, I am in a spotty area. Maybe I need some sort of home signal booster from my carrier.
    01-14-18 01:53 PM
    My area has very bad service as well. Hopefully this is the case
    01-15-18 10:16 AM
    Guys I think I found a fix! Change your "network mode" in (settings > more > cellular networks > network mode)

I changed mine to stop trying LTE and it hant done the locking thing for almost 2 days straight!

Hope this helps!
    01-16-18 03:28 AM
    I'll try that today and report back, thanks!
    01-16-18 12:24 PM
    I have been having the same issue! Even with the changing of my background. I loved my phone but at this point I want to get rid of it! I got mine new from sprint and it’s been doing it since a few updates ago. If this fix doesn’t work, I’m goign to sprint and asking for a replacement.
    02-10-18 12:50 PM
    Try a factory reset. After all, android itself isn't perfect. That WILL fix the problem, only you'll have to set it up again.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    02-19-18 11:46 PM
    This is so ridiculous, has anyone found a fix for this. I did love my phone until that last update destroyed that feeling
    03-23-18 04:04 PM
    Factory reset absolutely did NOT work. Has anyone at all figured this out?!
    05-07-18 10:25 AM
    Guys I think I found a fix! Change your "network mode" in (settings > more > cellular networks > network mode)

I changed mine to stop trying LTE and it hant done the locking thing for almost 2 days straight!

Hope this helps!
    For those who posted after this person, try his fix.
    05-07-18 10:41 AM
    would "network mode" be comparable to CDMA? In my settings, my options are "automatic," "lte/cdma," cdma," and "gsm/umts." I've had it in "automatic" all this time that the issue has been occurring.
    05-07-18 01:55 PM
    To whoever may be interested, I changed my network settings yesterday around 10 am to "CDMA." I'm not trying to jinx myself here, but so far so good. I'm very excited. I will come back and update in a few days. For anyone still looking for a fix, this looks to be promising as of now.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-08-18 10:30 AM
    I've gotten through my week *knock on wood* without any locking whatsoever since I've changed my network settings. To anyone looking for a fix, please give this a shot!!
    05-12-18 08:07 PM
    This is so ridiculous, has anyone found a fix for this. I did love my phone until that last update destroyed that feeling
    I so far have not been able to solve the locking on its own, but for me I've fixed the fingerprint not working to unlock after it locks itself.

Settings, Security, under Work Profile Security I set up a fingerprint for each thumb and now I haven't had to type in my PIN for the random autolocks.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    05-28-18 07:44 PM
28 12