So, what does this exactly mean?
    How long after this- can key1 be normally used, with apps working on it?
    Are apps also going to stop updating for key1 in playstore or no?
    04-27-19 04:22 PM
    Cessation of updates means no more security patches or Android version upgrades after the last one. Any OS-level bugs, carrier support issues included, would remain unfixed after that point, unless TCL sees fit to issue some emergency fix (a la BB Ltd did with the Priv and the Spectre bug).

Oreo is recent enough that it should have some years left in it for third party app support (especially as the fundamental changes between Android versions get smaller over time), Nougat somewhat less so (for CDMA/Indonesia devices). Hub suite would fall under this category.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-27-19 05:12 PM
    Cessation of updates means no more security patches or Android version upgrades after the last one. Any OS-level bugs, carrier support issues included, would remain unfixed after that point, unless TCL sees fit to issue some emergency fix (a la BB Ltd did with the Priv and the Spectre bug).

Oreo is recent enough that it should have some years left in it for third party app support (especially as the fundamental changes between Android versions get smaller over time), Nougat somewhat less so (for CDMA/Indonesia devices). Hub suite would fall under this category.
    Great, so you think, that once Key2 support stops, we can still use it relatevely with no problem for 2 more years after support stop?
    04-28-19 05:46 AM
    Great, so you think, that once Key2 support stops, we can still use it relatevely with no problem for 2 more years after support stop?
    Yes.
    04-28-19 06:33 AM
    Yes.
    Thank you Conite!
    04-28-19 06:37 AM
    How often do you hear of someone having a "issue" with any other older Android phone?
    04-29-19 07:23 AM
    How often do you hear of someone having a "issue" with any other older Android phone?
    No idea, didnt notice that anyone has complained.
    Which would be good for us Key2 users, correct?
    04-29-19 09:00 AM
    *Checks Android forums*. Often?

Or do you mean an issue related to lack of OS/security updates?
    04-29-19 10:37 AM
    *Checks Android forums*. Often?

Or do you mean an issue related to lack of OS/security updates?
    From the security aspect of the updates. Sure patches and phone in general have "issues". And there could be a case or two where if someone had a more updated phone they might not have had their data stolen, but it's not a huge issue for someone to have an Android Phone that hasn't been "patched" in a long time.

Personally I'm was planning to use the whole no more patches to get my company issued S7 replaced.... but it seems that Samsung hasn't given up on updating the three year old phones just yet (just moved it to Quarterly Security Updates).

Too be honest, that's probable what BBMo ought to do... if they are planning on moving forward.
    04-29-19 10:57 AM
    Have been using and use my PRIV daily that received last security patch Oct 5 2017. Running under Marshmallow 6.0
    No issues whatsoever to date.
    04-29-19 09:40 PM
    Have been using and use my PRIV daily that received last security patch Oct 5 2017. Running under Marshmallow 6.0
    Great! So Key2 should be 'OK' for next 3 years at least!!!
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-30-19 02:22 AM
    Ditto. In fact I will be retiring the Priv for a K1 Black I just bought. I won't have time to transfer and set up until after vacation next month though. Quite looking forward to good battery life and granular permissions!
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-30-19 09:47 AM
    hai,

so no software or security patch will be available for Keyone
    08-19-19 06:51 AM
    hai,

so no software or security patch will be available for Keyone
    Nothing official has been stated about patches... we just have to watch each month and see.
    08-21-19 10:04 AM
    If we learned something with BlackBerry, no announcements means no more updates...
    08-21-19 11:37 AM
    If we learned something with BlackBerry, no announcements means no more updates...
    Yet, completely out of the blue, a June update popped up for a select few devices.

It's a conundrum.
    08-21-19 12:32 PM
    Yet, completely out of the blue, a June update popped up for a select few devices.

It's a conundrum.
    A move to quarterly updates would be fine with most.... if they would just communicate that.

And it might help sell some old KEYone stock....
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    08-21-19 01:16 PM