Good Evening

I changed my keypad this evening on my keyone, it was a pretty straight forward job. Turned the phone on and now the keyboard doesn't work at all. I thought maybe it was a faulty keyboard so i put the old one back on and had the same issue with this one.

Now when i turn it on it asks for my pin but i cannot input anything.

When i press the power button once on i have 3 options shown

Turn off

Restart

Take bug report 8.1.0 (OPM1.171019.26)

If i plug it into my computer is comes up under devices as MTP

Has anybody got a clue whats happened and why? is there something i need to do to register the new keypad or something? I have loads of data on here and i cannot access any of it

If anyone could help i would be eternally grateful.
    10-10-19 02:41 PM
    Nothing you need to do. I can only assume you broke something.
    10-10-19 04:22 PM
    Nothing you need to do. I can only assume you broke something.
    I will bet he shorted something or crapped a ribbon cable
    10-10-19 05:39 PM
    Good Evening

I changed my keypad this evening on my keyone, it was a pretty straight forward job. Turned the phone on and now the keyboard doesn't work at all. I thought maybe it was a faulty keyboard so i put the old one back on and had the same issue with this one.

Now when i turn it on it asks for my pin but i cannot input anything.

When i press the power button once on i have 3 options shown

Turn off

Restart

Take bug report 8.1.0 (OPM1.171019.26)

If i plug it into my computer is comes up under devices as MTP

Has anybody got a clue whats happened and why? is there something i need to do to register the new keypad or something? I have loads of data on here and i cannot access any of it

If anyone could help i would be eternally grateful.
    Which method did you use to remove/replace the keyboard? Full disassembly or just removing the lip and prying out the keyboard (after disconnecting the cable from the motherboard)?
    10-10-19 07:38 PM
    This may be the case i have looked closely with a loop and i think one of the small components on the back has come away from the board on 2 legs. I have called blackberry but they said they wont touch it because of the self repair even though i offered to cover the cost of whatever repair was needed. I have called a few mobile phone repair places however they all say they wont touch blackberry. I've called vodafone to try and upgrade to the keytwo but it seems vodafone no longer stock supply any blackberry handsets, so i think the time has finally come after 15 years os so to wave goodbye to blackberry as i cannot afford to buy a sim free handset
    10-11-19 04:31 AM
    I removed the back case and the battery, then removed the clamp that holds the ribbon connectors in place. Gently popped off the connector with a plastic tool that came in my phone repair kit. Pushed the new cable through and pushed it in place. I think one of the little gold colour square components with the hole in the middle may have come away from the board while trying to remove the battery. I'm not sure what it is or what it does but perhaps its something relating to the keyboard?
    I just cant find anyone who will touch blackberry's Keyone keyboard not working after replacement keyboard fitted-img_20191011_102221.jpg
    10-11-19 04:37 AM
    It may well be the case while i was trying to get the bloody battery out
    10-11-19 04:38 AM
    It may well be the case while i was trying to get the bloody battery out
    For future reference, if you are just replacing the keyboard there is no need to take out the battery.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13437555
    10-13-19 02:12 PM