I'm trying to backup my data, specifically my text messages. However, my circle and square buttons aren't working. The Playstore won't seem to let me download anything to the device.

I'm now running Android 8.1.1 and it seems this issue has happened to others. I called the BlackBerry hotline and they said backup and do a factory reset. However the date on the Google backup of Android messages is September. Does anyone know how to "force" a Google backup? I use Textra for SMS/MMS, because all of my messages are there. Textra claims they send backups to Android messages, but I've read horror stories of messages missing online. I'd like to install one of the other backup apps. Is there a way to sideload it while the phone is acting this buggy? I'm so annoyed this happened just as I've had the phone for one year. My old BlackBerry's never did this.

Any recommendations to secure my data before what seems to be an inevitable factory reset? I'd take the phone somewhere in NYC if that meant I could get help.
    10-18-18 09:41 PM
    I would ask also at a local BestBuy in NYC options for backing up Text messages because know this issue has happened with other Android devices. With your KEYone have you tried holding down Power button for at least 32 seconds while it goes they the cycle. Simulates a battery pull. Won't erase anything. Good luck
    10-19-18 12:01 AM
    I would ask also at a local BestBuy in NYC options for backing up Text messages because know this issue has happened with other Android devices. With your KEYone have you tried holding down Power button for at least 32 seconds while it goes they the cycle. Simulates a battery pull. Won't erase anything. Good luck
    Thanks Rico4you. I've tried numerous restarts and it hasn't helped. Unfortunately there's some bug that seems to be in the BB software because the Hub isn't refreshing, Google Playstore won't even update existing apps (or let me download a backup app) nor are the circle and square buttons working.

I deleted almost all non-standard apps from the phone in hopes the freed up memory would help upon restart, but nothing. That did help with upgrading the OS to Android 8.1.1 but it was very weird how I had to make that happen (it showed there were no system updates, but the DTEK app said the OS was out of date).

I'm incredibly frustrated by this whole experience.
    10-19-18 09:24 AM
    Thanks Rico4you. I've tried numerous restarts and it hasn't helped. Unfortunately there's some bug that seems to be in the BB software because the Hub isn't refreshing, Google Playstore won't even update existing apps (or let me download a backup app) nor are the circle and square buttons working.

I deleted almost all non-standard apps from the phone in hopes the freed up memory would help upon restart, but nothing. That did help with upgrading the OS to Android 8.1.1 but it was very weird how I had to make that happen (it showed there were no system updates, but the DTEK app said the OS was out of date).

I'm incredibly frustrated by this whole experience.
    Yes does sound like a corrupt OS. Unfortunately these things can happen. Send a tweet to @bbmobile they are good at answering back. Good luck

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-20-18 04:03 PM