Good morning, time to do some diagnostics.
    In your phone app type the following using the keypad. *#2886#
    Then choose MANU at the bottom right corner. This will open up a list of diagnostic tests. Go ahead and try them all but in particular the Charge LED in this case. To get out of the diagnostics scroll down to the bottom and choose exit.
    Let us know what what you find! Exciting!
    Oh. I thought I mentioned this but perhaps it was in the other thread I started. I did this test twice yesterday & no joy. Will try again though and report back

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 08:17 AM
    Tried again but it's still a fail. Tried to post a photo but for some reason can't seem to post photos from my Classic anymore. "Communication error"

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 08:43 AM
    Good morning, time to do some diagnostics.
    In your phone app type the following using the keypad. *#2886#
    Then choose MANU at the bottom right corner. This will open up a list of diagnostic tests. Go ahead and try them all but in particular the Charge LED in this case. To get out of the diagnostics scroll down to the bottom and choose exit.
    Let us know what what you find! Exciting!
    So I tried the camera LED and it worked fine. I tested the rear camera itself. Fine. Then the mystery deepens: Tested the front camera.

"Camera does not exist!"
    10-23-19 08:49 AM
    Light & proximity sensors working fine btw
    10-23-19 08:54 AM
    Update

While I was fiddling around in test mode (trying the fingerprint test iirc) the LED suddenly started to work.

As for the front camera it is definitely not working. Tried to take a selfie and when I tapped the switch camera icon middle left it simply turned grey, and the rear camera stayed enabled
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 10-23-19 at 10:11 AM.
    10-23-19 09:27 AM
    Final tally. Pro tem.

* LED working (started working again on its own; cause unknown)
    * New screen including capacitive buttons working great.
    * Back cover not seating properly. I have tried getting it to lock in more than 4 dozen times (just a couple of spots where it won't close, no how no way!). TCL could use some tips from Samsung! Am using post office tape to hold screen on & it doubles as a clamp for back cover as well as a decent screen protector.
    *Front camera still MIA. Rarely use front cameras anyroads & KeyONE is far from my main phone so at this point don't really care. And who knows maybe it'll just start working on its own again just like the charge LED did?

Overall, this was a success, and a lot was learned.

It sure ain't pretty but it is functional

Thanks especially to @yamahammer

And thanks everyone
    10-23-19 11:45 AM
    Final tally. Pro tem.

* LED working (started working again on its own; cause unknown)
    * New screen including capacitive buttons working great.
    * Back cover not seating properly. I have tried getting it to lock in more than 4 dozen times (just a couple of spots where it won't close, no how no way!). TCL could use some tips from Samsung! Am using post office tape to hold screen on & it doubles as a clamp for back cover as well as a decent screen protector.
    *Front camera still MIA. Rarely use front cameras anyroads & KeyONE is far from my main phone so at this point don't really care. And who knows maybe it'll just start working on its own again just like the charge LED did?

Overall, this was a success, and a lot was learned.

It sure ain't pretty but it is functional

Thanks especially to @yamahammer

And thanks everyone
    One last comment, when you use the double sided tape to secure the screen eventually, make sure to disconnect the cable to the screen! Otherwise you will probably tear the cable. As far as the back cover goes you can get a replacement (and I'll guide you on how to install it) or simply buy a $5 clear gel case. Happy trails to you.
    10-23-19 07:46 PM
    Gosh I totally forgot but I have a gel case for it.

So that's what I'll do then, after I do the tape thing I'll put the back cover on as well as possible, & then put the phone in the case.

& yes I will for certain remove the ribbon & put the screen assembly carefully aside when I put the tape in.

Thanks again @yamahammer you're the best guide an amateur could ask for
    10-24-19 09:16 AM
    Follow up. The screen refuses to go into sleep mode. I've tried changing the settings, rebooting the phone. Nothing makes any difference. Not doing a factory reset as yet.

Front camera still not working. Everything else working well.

Ya there are some glitches in the matrix
    10-24-19 06:24 PM
    Follow up. The screen refuses to go into sleep mode. I've tried changing the settings, rebooting the phone. Nothing makes any difference. Not doing a factory reset as yet.

Front camera still not working. Everything else working well.

Ya there are some glitches in the matrix
    Try turn off tap to wake just for fun! The packing tape holding your screen on might be the culprit...
    Last edited by yamahammer; 10-24-19 at 09:10 PM.
    10-24-19 08:59 PM
    Yep that seems to have done the trick. Brilliant as usual -- thanks. I'll be picking up the two sided tape today & hopefully get to finishing this job over the next few days.

PS: One thing about this packing tape: Good screen protector! All of the bubbles that were initially in there have disappeared as well.
    10-25-19 05:56 AM
61 123