I've had a KeyOne for 1.5 years now and I have been dealing with major lag and strange glitches ever since I've gotten the phone. When I first got it I spoke to BB about it and after doing an "investigation" on the issue, they came back and told me that the only solution was to do a factory reset on the phone.

This does work, but only for 2-3 weeks until it starts to slow down again. It has gotten to the point that as much as I love the physical keyboard, I'm seriously considering ditching Blackberry and going to another Android device. I have already owned other Android phones but never felt as comfortable as I do with the physical keyboard, but this device lags so much that I'm ready to choose a keyboard-less phone if it means that it won't lag.

Some examples of what I'm experiencing are:

- if I press a shortcut key to make a phone call, it takes about 20 seconds for the call to start dialing

- Blackberry launcher forgets the shortcuts that I've made and I have to re-enter them. This doesn't seem like much of a big deal, but it is because I use the pre-sets to make calls when I'm driving and when they don't work I can't make the calls because I don't consider it safe enough to go through my address book while driving

- Google voice search works for the first week or two after factory reset and then it stops working

- Facebook messenger does not allow me to send group texts

- Facebook messenger does not always sent texts through

These are just a few of the issues that I can think of now. Has anybody run into similar issues? Could it just be that the KeYone is not capable of handling the apps and the use that I need it for? I'm not a movie watcher or gamer and I use my phone strictly for communication (eg- text messaging, whatsapp, Gmail, etc). In fact, I've deleted some of the more useful apps just in case they're the ones that are slowing down the phone.

I'm considering getting a KeyTwo but am hesitant now because even though it's faster, it would make no sense to get it if it will start doing the same thing after a short period of time using it.

Any thoughts and/or advice on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
    01-28-19 07:13 PM
    Are you on Oreo or still running Nougat?

If still on Nougat and for some reason not willing to upgrade your phone (perfectly respecting that), go and clear app cache. You can find it in the settings > memory, somewhere over there. That should help.

Also lookup battery log and see which app is the biggest drainer. It might help if it's really app-related.

Sometimes might be useful to enable developer tools in the system (you can Google for that, it's super easy) and open a built-in process manager, which allows you to see what's running at the moment. I recommend doing this if you are an advanced user, it's hard for newbies to make any conclusions out of that list.
    01-29-19 03:13 AM